Healthy Snack Ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Lately me favorite snacks are 0% greek yogurt (vanilla flavor), nectarines (hard crunchy ones), and radishes (I think I like the spicyness of them).
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I usually have a small piece of fruit (about 50-100 cal worth) and wasa crackers spread with either laughing cow cheese wedges or hummus. I get my salty, sweet and crunchy all together. If you eat 1 c. of cut up cantalope, apply or seedless grapes & one wasa cracker with 2 tbls. of hummus it's only 145 calories, if you use a laughing cow cheese wedge instead of the hummus it's only 130 calories. I always cut up my fruit on the weekend and put it in snack bags for a quick snack on the run
  • KaylaBlu2019
    KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My main snack to fall back on is 3 Wasa Crackers (found in grocery stores on the cracker aisle), with 1 laughing cow cheese wedge and 6 slices of tomatoes. this is a recipe I took from one of Kim Lyon's (former biggest loser trainer) books.

The wasa crackers are very big and the 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese easily spreads across all three pieces - then 2 slices of tomato per cracker and it's very filling. Sometimes I'll do 2 sliced mushrooms (40 cals) instead of the tomato.
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xoxosasha
    xoxosasha Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love tomatoes so two of my go to snacks are a piece of string cheese with about 10 grape tomatoes. Or I'll take an English muffin & slice it in half and lay them face-side up. Slice up a tomato & throw that on top. Pull a piece of string cheese into strips and lay those on top. Put that in your toaster oven until the cheese melts, add a little salt if you wish and enjoy! Its so good!
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    I am just replying so I can find this post in my "My Topics" later :flowerforyou:

I think everything I eat for snacks has already been mentioned!

fruit
    nut mix
    celery and peanut butter
    veggies and hummus/PB
    dried seaweed/nori
    crackers with veggie toppings(or cheese)

For breakfast I like oatmeal mixed with stuff!
    banana
    cinnamon
    peanut butter
    black sesame dessert (this has about 130 calories, so with the oatmeal it is about 260)

Also, oatmeal made with milk is great on its own. The milk gives a very good flavor if it is fresh! Then you don't need to even add anything to it:love: