Minimize the damage.

IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Daily Inspiration for September 30, 2010

Minimize damage.

Because you aren't perfect, there may be a time when you want to eat more than you need. Before you take an extra bite, try to distract yourself. Get busy and put off eating.

But, when you do eat--especially if you are overeating--pick foods that will satisfy you without adding a lot of calories. (For example, try celery sticks versus crackers, chicken or shrimp versus pepperoni.)

Action for the day: Write down a plan of action for the days when you are tempted to overeat. By developing a list of healthy foods that satisfy you, you can minimize the damage of eating more than you need. And if you are consistently overeating, seek help from a professional.

Replies

• erin_89
    erin_89 Posts: 45
    Today was the first day of my weight loss jouney and that all Icould think about was knowing that I have something that I want but can't have. It's like 2 different parts of me wanting 2 different things. Now im trying to go with the side that want to walk and not set and eat everything. Does this make me carzy to think about eatting alot even if I dont want or need to eat
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    You slowly get over it but then you get tested when you get bored or have social pressure. Welcome.
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Does this make me carzy to think about eatting alot even if I dont want or need to eat

Nope, it certainly does not! Unless I'm crazy too..:laugh: I think about it a lot. I'm an emotional eater, so when I get depressed that's all I want to do. And changing up healthy things for the bad that I won't doesn't help me AT ALL, soo.. I figured out what did. I don't keep bad stuff in my house. Since I started this I said I wouldn't have anymore chips in the cupboard, no more chocolate in the fridge, and no more pop hanging around either. So now, when I'm sitting here thinking about pigging out.. I can't.. there's nothing here to pig out on. And on the chance I go digging through the kitchen I might come out with a rice cake and we all know you can't pig out on them, your mouth gets dry :laugh: There have been a few times that I've found myself standing in the driveway, car keys in hand, ready to go to the store for munchies but because I've drilled this into my head I've stopped myself. My neighbors probably think I'm nuts, standing the driveway talking to myself. But I'm telling myself "I'm better than this. I DON"T need this! This is the reason I'm fat! But it's not going to be the reason I STAY fat!"
    I'm proud to say that since laying this path before me, I have not gone for those munchies. Not once!:happy:
This discussion has been closed.