I get to wear my "skinny" jeans today!!!

tinavflynn
tinavflynn Posts: 80 Member
So I usually wear size 24 pants, but now my jeans can barely stay on me. I have to pull them up constantly! A couple of months ago I bought a pair of size 24 junior jeans. These were not cut for women and were very snug on me, but I looked at them as a goal. I bought them and have been waiting for the day they would fit more comfortably. Well I'm happy to say that now that I'm 28 lbs down they fit!! So I finally get to wear my "skinny" jeans. Here's to hoping they won't fit soon either!

Also it's amazing that it took 28lbs to get from one size 24 to another.

Replies

• Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    great NSV!!!
  • ShellyakaLady
    ShellyakaLady Posts: 75 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so very happy for you!!! Keep up the excellent work and know that you are a true inspirations for others, such as myself. Thanks for the post!
  • fitbrit19
    fitbrit19 Posts: 55
    Congratulations! It is a great feeling! But yeah, it is crazy. I previously lost 45 pounds and only dropped one, maybe two, jean sizes and only one shirt size.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    GRATS! I know what you mean about taking quite a few lbs to get into a slightly different size. Gotta love the sizing system. =P Course, 30 lbs on a smaller person is more noticeable than on a bigger person----> Referring to myself here. I have lost almost 50 lbs, and a smaller lady at work lost 20. You can most definitely tell she has lost weight. Only my relatives have noticed I have. >.<
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    That is an awesome NSV but I just wanted to add not to get discouraged about the big pound loss to go from one size (essentially) to another. I wore size 22 at 307 lb and still wore size 22 at 262 lb when I started MFP. Then around 240 I wore an 18 and since then my sizes have dropped quite a lot faster. It's those 20+ sizes that really fit a wide range and it just takes awhile to see the change but you are still doing awesome!!!!
  • FlyersGirlrc
    FlyersGirlrc Posts: 31 Member
    Congratulations! It is such a great feeling to fit into the next size down! I have a few pairs of jeans that are "mocking" me, lol. I cannot wait to be able to get into them! Great job!
  • Good Job! Keep up that hard work!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Congrats! You're doing awesome!
  • applecheeksaz
    applecheeksaz Posts: 86 Member
    Great Job that is a awesome job!!!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    That is awesome! Even more than the jean sizes going down the fact that my thighs suddenly fit in skinny jeans was a huge NSV for me, so i feel you!
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Yay!! CONGRATS!!!

I recently did something similar with size 18 jeans I had, they were stretchy material jeans, but still super tight, so I didn't wear them but kept them for "someday" and now I can button/zip them without having to do acrobatic moves, and while they are stretchy, it still makes me feel like I WILL get down to a size 18 normal! I honestly don't know what size pants I wore before because I was wearing the same Lane Bryant jeans in "4 square" which I have NO IDEA what that converts to in normal plus-size pants anymore!! They keep falling off, and I had a "3 square" that were snug so I never wore them that I can now wear, and I can't wait till the day those fall off, too. :) Hopefully not in public... lol

I thought it was silly of me to get excited that I could wear pants I couldn't wear a few years ago, but it did make me feel good, and seeing you share your NSV on here makes me think I should be sharing loud and proud too! :)

Congrats again on your progress!!
  • stormyxpony
    stormyxpony Posts: 157 Member
    I didn't know that Junior's made a size 24?? May have to check that out!!! :) conrats!!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Cograts on your victory!
  • kittyhorn
    kittyhorn Posts: 112 Member
    What a fantastic NSV! Rock those jeans!
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Awesome!! :)
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Way to go!!
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Awe-some!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    So great!! That's what it's all about! Enjoy every victory
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Congrats :-)
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    YAY! Congrats on this NSV!

That is an awesome NSV but I just wanted to add not to get discouraged about the big pound loss to go from one size (essentially) to another. I wore size 22 at 307 lb and still wore size 22 at 262 lb when I started MFP. Then around 240 I wore an 18 and since then my sizes have dropped quite a lot faster. It's those 20+ sizes that really fit a wide range and it just takes awhile to see the change but you are still doing awesome!!!!

This is encouraging. I'm down 30lbs and only down one size (2 depending on style etc). It has been quite frustrating. :grumble:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!