Crock Pot Armageddon

Options
My wife left town to visit her family, but before she left, she said she would put a pork loin in the crock pot for me. But she forgot to do it before she left. So now I'm sitting here looking at a pork loin and a crock pot.

I don't do cooking. Do I just put the pork loin in the crockpot?

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Big fan of yours Sad_Grandpa

Step 1 - Put meat and/or Potatoes in the crock pot
    Step 2 - add some water a cup or two at most
    Step 3 - Plug the crock pot in
    Step 4 - Turn crock pot on - may be a button to push or a knob to turn.
    Step 5 - Wait
    Step 6 - remove from crock pot
    Step 7 - Cover in butter and eat

Good luck
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Yes :p

Put the loin in the crockpot, add just enough water or chicken stock to come about halfway up the loin. Cut some onion into big chunks and add them in as well. If you find some bay leaves, add 1 whole leaft.

Turn the crock on low and let it cook for 6-8 hours.
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Sad_Grandpa Posts: 129
    Options

Put the loin in the crockpot, add just enough water or chicken stock to come about halfway up the loin. Cut some onion into big chunks and add them in as well. If you find some bay leaves, add 1 whole leaft.

I see a low-high thingy. If I pick high, will it cook in an hour? I'm kinda hungry.
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You'll want some sort of liquid. I usually use a premade marinade from the store. You can make your own with olive oil, water and seasonings. Pour over the top of the tenderloin in the crock and set on low for 7 hours. It might cook in less time, but I'm never home when I use the crock.
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Options
    Big fan of yours Sad_Grandpa

Step 1 - Put meat and/or Potatoes in the crock pot
    Step 2 - add some water a cup or two at most
    Step 3 - Plug the crock pot in
    Step 4 - Turn crock pot on - may be a button to push or a knob to turn.
    Step 5 - Wait
    Step 6 - remove from crock pot
    Step 7 - Cover in butter and eat

Good luck

That potato idea is top notch.
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Definitely won't cook in the crock in one hour. Even on high. You could put it in the oven for that long, but it'll be tougher/dryer in the oven than in the crock.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options

I see a low-high thingy. If I pick high, will it cook in an hour? I'm kinda hungry.
    high for 3-4 hrs or low for 6-8 hrs. Unfortunately it won't cook faster than that :(
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Options
    Definitely won't cook in the crock in one hour. Even on high. You could put it in the oven for that long, but it'll be tougher/dryer in the oven than in the crock.

I need to go easy on my remaining teeth, so I'll set it on low. And add potatoes. Maybe some kraut.

This place is very helpful.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I say potatoes and onion. Plus whatever spices you have a hankering for.

If you're hungry now, go have a snack. It will take several hours to cook in the crock pot.
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Options

high for 3-4 hrs or low for 6-8 hrs. Unfortunately it won't cook faster than that :(

I'm gonna eat some lutefisk I've been saving for now, and have the pork for a late dinner.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Depends on how big the pork loin is!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options

Depends on how big the pork loin is!

How big does it look?
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i put pork loin in the crock with rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies) and a can of chipolte in adobo sauce and cook on low for about 8 hours...

you can also just put salsa on it and let it cook...

the possiblities are limitless

good luck
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    If you put it in the oven, it'd cook in about an hour and a half at 275-300F, but something tells me using the crock pot would be safer, lol (no offense meant! my husband could burn water. Yes...water...)
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Options
    If you put it in the oven, it'd cook in about an hour and a half at 275-300F, but something tells me using the crock pot would be safer, lol (no offense meant! my husband could burn water. Yes...water...)

I made a grenade out of a potato once by cooking it in the microwave.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options

You have to stab them with a fork a few times so they don't explode. :)
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Options

You have to stab them with a fork a few times so they don't explode. :)

Why don't they print that on the potatoes? With one of those fancy edible phaser printing thingamabobs?
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Options
    I am feasting!

Shhhhhhhhh! Don't tell my wife.
  • squeepig
    squeepig Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am feasting!
    Shhhhhhhhh! Don't tell my wife.

This thread warmed my heart probably about as much as you warmed that pork loin. Enjoy your dinner and the leftovers. :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Crock Pot Deep Impact was way better.