Weight loss attention

Options
Ok, this topic may have been done before but I just wanted to ask those who have achieved their goals. Have you noticed that you get more attention after losing weight?

I definitely do, I tend to notice women looking at me when out in public and not in a bad way like before (lol). I've also noticed when shopping, shop assistants will engage with me in a really friendly manner.

Amazing how superficial we are as humans, but that's life I guess.

Replies

• Elehisie
    Elehisie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

Yes, I do notice I et more attention in more than one way.

For myself, I like to think that what's changed most was ME and my own way of thinking which in turn explains why my reaction towards things have changed so much. And people tend to react back, and treat me differently.

So... before when I was horribly overweight... I felt looked at by ppl in public places all the time but I used to have a negative reaction to people in general. I was afraid people would dislike me, or judge me, I had this feeling that people looked at me for bad reasons. Now I think people look at me because they find me beautiful more often than I think they might be thinking something bad ;)

People tend to not take me for granted as much now too. They seem to trust me more, or hear me more. As if now I am someone who deserves to be heard or trusted. Or maybe now I just behave like someone who actually has something to say. I guess that's the real difference.
  • youknome
    youknome Posts: 63
    Options
    It's nice to know that I am not the only one that feels this way :)

It's definitely a new experience for me, sometimes I'm not sure how to play it lol.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Yep, we are a judgmental people for sure. If only we could truly walk in someone else's shoes, we may be a bit less so.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!