Chicken and veggie soup... with bacon!?!

Options
emtink
emtink Posts: 387 Member
first off, i love my husband dearly. really i do. he cooks all the dinners and they are super yummy. however, he is not so concerned about how nutritious or fattening his dinners are. the other night, he's making chicken and veggie soup, sounds healthy... until i smell bacon. yes, he is sauteeing the veggies in bacon.:laugh: :grumble: :explode:

i've tried making a few comments like 'gee, do you really need to cook the veggies in bacon' or 'you know i'm really trying to watch what i eat'. his response is usally that it tastes better with bacon or i should exercise more. does anyone else have this problem? i really do appreciate that he does all the cooking and i don't want him to think that i'm being overly critical. but he seriously puts bacon in everything!!!

help,
em

Replies

• emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    first off, i love my husband dearly. really i do. he cooks all the dinners and they are super yummy. however, he is not so concerned about how nutritious or fattening his dinners are. the other night, he's making chicken and veggie soup, sounds healthy... until i smell bacon. yes, he is sauteeing the veggies in bacon.:laugh: :grumble: :explode:

i've tried making a few comments like 'gee, do you really need to cook the veggies in bacon' or 'you know i'm really trying to watch what i eat'. his response is usally that it tastes better with bacon or i should exercise more. does anyone else have this problem? i really do appreciate that he does all the cooking and i don't want him to think that i'm being overly critical. but he seriously puts bacon in everything!!!

help,
    em