Losing baby weight!!

Options
I had my daughter 12 weeks ago and prior to that I was pretty fit and healthy - 5' 7", 10 stone and UK size 10. I lost a little weight with breastfeeding initially but now I'm stuck at 11 stone 12. I started exercising 4 weeks ago, doing something pretty much everyday, ranging from running, swimming, wii fit, fitness DVDs and walking the dog. I also eat pretty healthily, dont snack between meals and in that 4 weeks of exercise I managed to lose just one pound!!

I need to lose at least half a stone to get into a size 12 dress I'm wearing in november for a wedding (dont want to buy anything new), but I dont know what else I can do. I'm assuming my metabolism has slowed to almost stopped since having a baby.

Just started using this site as I'm getting desperate now!
Any other mums out there have the same issues and any advice would be fantastic!!
Jo

Replies

• championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    When life gets in the way.... My wife had our child 34 months ago and is still working on the weight! It will come off with time and MFP! At the wedding the focus will be on the bride, then your baby don't put so much pressure on yourself,enjoy your family and all life experiances:drinker: Congrats on your new baby!!!:wink:
  • BluEyedGirl
    BluEyedGirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! So let me start by saying that I should be the last one giving advice considering that my daughter is 2 and I am still 40 lbs over weight . . . but with that being said, I was also a nursing mother and when she was about 9 months old, I joined Weight Watchers to lose weight. At the time I was not doing any exercise, I was still breastfeeding but had begun to supplement with formula as my body stopped producing enough for her. On that program, a nursing mom and a partially nursing mom are supposed to have more calories to account for the calories lost to nursing (however, still less than the unhealthy eating habits I was guilty of). I followed the 'points system' (equivilant to calorie counting we do here) and added in the extra calories lost to nursing (I think it was around 500 calories for my partial nursing) - again I was not exercising at this time - and was very sucessfull taking off anywhere from 1-3 lbs a week. With that being said, are you getting enough calories? Especially with the exercise you are doing - are you accounting for and eating those calories too? If you are nursing, and not taking in enough calories, your body may be holding on to everything it is taking in.

Best of luck to you and congrats on your baby!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I agree with BluEyedGirl.. make sure you're taking in enough calories! Snacking in between meals is actually a good thing, as long they're good choices.. it helps you from overeating during meals.. you should be eating every 3-4 hours.
    I've had two children, my youngest is 8 months old and this website has really helped me lose the rest of my baby weight. I'm actually closer to where I was when I got pregnant with my first daughter over 5 years ago! Good Luck! The folks on the site are wonderful and full of very useful information, I hope you like it as much as I do!