Jawbone UP 24 & Android, a poor mix.

Options
JG762
JG762 Posts: 571 Member
Jawbone UP 24 and Android, a waste of time…

So I shopped around quite a bit and compared a variety of these devices, I asked here on this site and read pretty much everything I could find. I finally decided to buy one of the UP 24’s, because for my needs it seemed to be the best fit etc.
I stopped by BestBuy yesterday after work and purchased one of the units, took it home and with a bit of excitement opened it up and began the process of downloading the programs etc.. 4 hours later I was no farther along than I was when I started. Nothing seemed to work or function as it was supposed to, and after a couple calls to the Jawbone tech line and a handful of e-mails I threw up my hands and said that’s enough for tonight.

I got up this morning and decided to try again, after a bunch of the same issues I called tech help and after the second call this morning I finally got someone to admit that there were issues with the UP bands and Androids, as it turns out the UP 24 will ONLY work with Android 4.3, I couldn’t get a straight answer as to what the standard UP band will work with other that it won’t work with Android 4.4 which is what my phone has. The only “fix” that one of the techs could suggest was that I simply use another phone, sure that seems like a great idea…

So for what it’s worth I would suggest that you tread carefully if you want a Jawbone band and you’re using an Android system. The headache that I had with the band and their tech line has made me seriously rethink buying another UP band even if they update their software.

I’m posting this just on the outside chance that it might save someone else some of the headache.
Good Luck!

Replies

• bchthrpy
    bchthrpy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Jawbone UP on Monday, I too was excited but that did not last long. I had no problem with it syncing to my droid, but I it's not syncing with MFP calorie burn. I find it very hard to decipher what calories I have actually burned. I worked out for an hour and it says I worked out for 10 mins. of active time, with my longest active time being 2m, and my resting time being 37 mins with a total burn of 683. So I can only assume that is the 45 +/- I worked out.

I am not fan after nearly a week and really considering taking it back.
  • NYCHealthyMe
    Options
    I wonder if they have fixed it.
    I purchased min 6/30/2014 and so far everything seems to be syncing properly.