Would love VITAMIX recipes!

psmd
psmd Posts: 764 Member
I am finally getting a Vitamix, I've read all the reviews and am super excited to get it on Monday! I already make green smoothies in a regular blender (usually kale or spinach, yogurt, berries or other fruit mix) and am looking forward to making it easier in the Vitamix.

My question is for more unusual recipes--what sorts of things can you throw in there that would be good? And would you peel stuff or leave the skin on? Carrots, apples, I usually leave the peel, but what about things like lemons, oranges? Would also love your favorite soup recipes since I guess you can make soup in there too!

Replies

• psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    bumping this!
  • Kimmers411
    Kimmers411 Posts: 44 Member
    When you get your Vitamix, there will be some of that info in your booklet, as far as what you can put in and what you should not. There are also tons of recipes on their websites. Do not use orange peels, as they can be toxic. I believe that the instructions say you can use lime and lemon peels if you are just using a small sliver. I have put whole pears and apples (cores and seeds included) into mine, and it grinds them up so you cannot tell the seeds were in there. Same for the seeds inside oranges, lemons, limes, etc.
  • Sarah77586
    Sarah77586 Posts: 5 Member
    From what I know apple seeds and cherry seeds contain cyanide (not a large amount) - I'd avoid them just to be safe. Love my vitamix :)
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    i make these all the time almond butter hummus tahini almond milk coconut milk any kind of nut milk really rice milk hemp milk soups
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,010 Member
    Love my Vitamix! I just quarter whole apples and toss them in, core and all.
    I usually use it to make smoothies (smoothie setting works great), but I also use it frequently for blended soups, and I just tried using it for grinding coffee and it worked great.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 341 Member
    Bump!
  • brenannn
    brenannn Posts: 19
    Red Velvet Smoothie

2 bananas, frozen

1 small beet

1 tablespoon almond butter
    1 cup non-dairy milk
    ½ tsp vanilla extract

Its my favorite :)
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    I have a Blendtec I make awesome hummas in it. I suggest cooking the chick peas from dry, and cooking them for a long time. I made vegan falafel tonight. I blended the herbs, lemon juice, and some of the chick peas, then stired the mixture into mashed chickpeas and spices.

Blended adult drinks with frozen fruit. Best daiquiris ever!

Whole juice. My favorite is pear, kale, and celery.

Super Quick salsa: a can of tomatoes, or a tomato, onion, cilantro, jalepano.

Crepe batter.

Soups.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Red Velvet Smoothie

2 bananas, frozen

1 small beet

1 tablespoon almond butter
    1 cup non-dairy milk
    ½ tsp vanilla extract

Its my favorite :)

I love beets! I'll be trying this one.