I'm 19 and I'm starting my weight loss journey

Options
2»

Replies

• czodiac
    czodiac Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the support everybody! I'm so much better now. It's so weird how things can change in one month. So I'm reading my original post and I want to correct it. I started at 380. I am currently around 340. Haven't weighed myself today. So I've learned a few things and noticed a lot of changes already. Some of the few things I learned is that the weight scale will break your heart 99% of the time. I went through a period of an obsessive need to weigh myself around 10 times a day. It was such an emotional time, I felt like giving up every time but it took so much willpower to keep going. So what I try to do now is weigh myself every 2 or days. I really can't go one week without weighing myself like most people do. I just need to know! Also I learned that you can look different without even having had lost a pound. I really don't understand that! I went one week without dropping a single pound but people telling me I look smaller and asking what the hell am I doing! hahaha But the saddest of all is that people around you will or might feel you have become a threat because of your weight loss. Some of your friends might surprise you and react badly to the changes occurring within you. You might realize you were the friend that made other people feel better about themselves...and when they see you bettering yourself they will no longer want you around because you make them feel bad about themselves because you are accomplishing so much. Oh well... But! Another thing is, I've lost half a shoe size! I think it's hilarious! Haha none of my shoes fit!
  • czodiac
    Options
    I would only echo what others have said. You are taking the first steps, and there is support out there for you. It is intimidating when you feel you have insurmountable goals, but in seeing the awesome progress of so many on MFP it is within your reach and nothing is insurmountable. You will have ups and downs, but persist and you will see results. I was at 236, and started MFP at 230, and thought losing 30lbs was a hurdle I could not reach, and within 70 days I was down to 214. That was with little exercise, and just healthy eating, and of course reduced calories. I have been motivated by all the people on MFP. Im sticking with it, and know you can!

Thank you for your words of support! Oh god yes, {GOALS}...with an S...plural...is the key. I've learned how much easier it is on oneself to break down one huge, almost impossible goal into many smaller goals. Once you accomplish one goal it keeps you motivated enough to go onto the next!
  • Vanillatwilight3
    Vanillatwilight3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Seeing your first post and the your update was really awesome. You came in a pessimist almost and now you seem to be doing pretty good and seem way more positive. Hope your journey continues on in the same way.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Great job, man. Keep it up!
  • wampahoofus
    wampahoofus Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    What a great post, Edgar! I first read your April entry and then your one from today. What a great change and a great story! Thanks for sharing this!

I've got to my goal recently. The two things that got me there were that I made peace with vegetables and walking. Vegetables add a big pile of bulk to my meals so I actually have a decent plate of food to eat. Walking is the ever available source of exercise and you can do as little or as much as you want.

Good luck to you. It is a worthy goal that will make you stronger both physically and mentally.
  • czodiac
    Options
    Seeing your first post and the your update was really awesome. You came in a pessimist almost and now you seem to be doing pretty good and seem way more positive. Hope your journey continues on in the same way.

Yes! I was noticing that too! How the tone of my posts have changed so much! And thank you I appreciate it!
  • czodiac
    Options
    Great job, man. Keep it up!

Thanks!!
  • czodiac
    Options
    What a great post, Edgar! I first read your April entry and then your one from today. What a great change and a great story! Thanks for sharing this!

I've got to my goal recently. The two things that got me there were that I made peace with vegetables and walking. Vegetables add a big pile of bulk to my meals so I actually have a decent plate of food to eat. Walking is the ever available source of exercise and you can do as little or as much as you want.

Good luck to you. It is a worthy goal that will make you stronger both physically and mentally.

Thank you so much! Yes, definitely, vegetables have become my best friends! hahaha And I'm totally able to run now! I try to mix in running with walking. One of my goals is to complete it 5k and soon enough a 10k!
  • Macyfiinks
    Macyfiinks Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Macy. I'm 22 and also starting my weight loss journey. I'm right now starting at 370lbs, but hope to get healthy soon. It's feels good to relate with someone else that's young and trying to get healthy, too. I'll be looking for your posts! :)
  • HedgeHugs
    HedgeHugs Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi Edgar! I'm also 19 and I understand how you feel. I pretty much can't remember a time where I wasn't at least a little overweight. I'm sending you a FR, GL!