struggling with memento

Options
how do you stop yourself from stopping.
After doing so well for the first three months of my new found motivation, i lost 30lb in the first 80 days i not only have hit a wall with my weight loss, but im struggling to keep my memento.
I havent changed anything about my diet, in the whole of my weight loss i have only gone over on my calories about 3 times. but i know im not weighing and measuring as accurately and only partially filling out my food log, so i suppose im guessing ive not gone over just the same as im guessing ive not gone over.
Im still exercising, ive started running, originally with c25k but have done 5k and do 3.5k 2 or 3 times a week with a longer run once a week. I also kickbox and do karate.
I do allow my self treats in moderation, i find i crave horrendously if i dont have a little of what i fancy. I believe at the end of the day this is forever and i dont want to not have bread, cakes and chocolate for the rest of my life. I definitely would not be asking for advise and sharing id would have just walked away.
I know ive started turning back, ive logged completely and honestly this week, ive been to all my classes and have my blue belt assessment at kickboxing tomorrow.
I want to do it, I need to do it.
I should just get my head down and carry on.
but how???

Replies

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Well, why don't you just start by doing it tomorrow? Weigh each food item and log it all. Then you will have one day down!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Um...momentum? You said you're struggling with a souvenir....

Seriously though..you just have to take yourself in hand and decide to do what needs doing. Its not willpower. Its deciding the right way most of the time over and over..until. Until what? That's up to you.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Take a picture or write it down.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Motivation is what gets you started. It often wanes, though, especially as things get rough.

Dedication is what keeps you going. Stop looking for the 'momentum' to keep things rolling. Promise to yourself that you will do what you need to, easy or hard, to make those changes you want. Be dedicated. And that will rebuild your motivation and your momentum, and possibly motivate others. :D
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You know what's wrong: not weighing food, not logging everything. That's all you need to do to get a clear picture of what you're consuming. As someone else said, it's dedication, not motivations. Just make it your job to measure and log accurately until you find success.
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    I think some of us get lax with logging after a time, maybe because we don't want our MFP buddies to see our overindulgences, or because we're fibbing to ourselves a bit. Whatever the reason, I think the way to get back on track is to try to remember the diligence and honesty we employed at the start when we had such great weight loss success. All the best to you and your renewed momentum!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    You know what's wrong: not weighing food, not logging everything. That's all you need to do to get a clear picture of what you're consuming. As someone else said, it's dedication, not motivations. Just make it your job to measure and log accurately until you find success.

QFT!!!

think of it like a long term relationship, you dont break up when youre faced with a struggle, you work it out ..