April Walking Challenge 2014

Options
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but it’s nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. Treadmills and elliptical are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge; we'll start tracking April 1st.

Replies

• MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will try to get 3 miles in a week during my lunch break or just a break during the work day. Great idea!!!!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I got in a lot of walking this morning on a field trip with my daughter.
  • JalynRose1
    JalynRose1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yay, I'm also in! My goal for this month is to walk on my lunch break 4 days per week. Today I walked 2 miles in 30 minutes.

Good luck to all on their walking goals!
  • JalynRose1
    JalynRose1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you on your goal of 3 miles!
  • deevah62
    deevah62 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I try to walk to work 4 times a week (4.4 km round trip) and try to walk at lunch when I have to bring my car. It's uphill in the morning so I reward myself with a decaf at the Starbucks at the top! I like the fact that I can fit walking into my daily routine.
  • jak227
    jak227 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This sounds great. I'm in too. My step-daughter and I walked Saturday at the school track and went around 7 times. Felt good!

• Nursestyle
    Nursestyle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I haven't worked out in a month, I have been in a real funk.... I really need this....this is the second life-line, I received today!!

Thanks, I am in.
  • THenry8
    THenry8 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I already started my walking challenge in the beginning of 2014. So, count me in! Just did 30 minutes of walking/jogging just now, and it feels great to be living with energy and motivation within again.
  • conatser9
    conatser9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in walked 5 miles tonight.
  • rdvorak
    rdvorak Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a challenge I can stick with. I love walking :) I walked for 30 minutes today and it felt great!

My goal will be to walk at least 30 minutes for 5 days a week. Good luck everyone!
  • hippechickie
    hippechickie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Perfect. I need to have a reason to get moving everyday.
  • conatser9
    Options
    Walked another 4.5 miles tonight a total of 9.5 miles this month.
  • hippechickie
    Options
    Walked almost an Hour
  • Brenda8892
    Brenda8892 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Took a 30 min walk with the dog tonight after supper. Felt great!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Now that the weather is getting better and walking outside is on my list
    of things to do I will join in for April.

I just got back from a week in Jamaica and got home last night. So the
    first week is gone already. I did walk on the beach almost everyday.
    I also did aerobics on the beach while on vacation. So I wasn't a
    total slug. :bigsmile:

Today is laundry and groceries so exercise won't start until tomorrow.
  • pammerz88
    pammerz88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I started walking about a month ago and have tried to do it every night or every other night. I use MapMyWalk app to track my distance, calories burned, and pace. It's become my favorite form of excercise because it's easy and it's a great stress reliever for me. I walked 3 miles last night and felt amazing afterwards, that has been my goal from the beggining and I was so happy I did it. Hoping to continue to do that from now on as long as the weather permits.
  • Jolle723
    Jolle723 Posts: 2
    Options
    Got a mile in today with my neighbor. Finally some nice weather in Michigan!!
  • hippechickie
    Options
    I walked 15 (long) minutes. Seems like it was all uphill. My butt is sore... not use to using those gluts..
  • conatser9
    Options
    Hey guys I walked 1 hour and 40 min. tonight. Ate at sonic so trying to make up for it.