cant figure out how...

ahsongbird
ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
to enter in the exercises I do for my exercise diary thing, like I did a cardio routine with air punching and things like that but theres only the option for punching bag , should I just use that? DO I just put something in thats close to the exercise I did or something i think might be the same amount of work ?

Replies

• After you search for say...'shadow boxing' and no results are found, you will see a link on the bottom that says "Add an exercise to the database" ....most of the articles I could find say shadow boxing for a half hour burns 380 calories.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    It would be best to invest in a heart rate monitor. They can get a little pricey but as far as HRMs go, you tend to get what you pay for. I have a Polar F6 and I googled it a few weeks back and it runs about $80-$100 depending on where you get it. The main things to look for in an HRM is the ability to input age, weight, height, and gender as that effects your cals burned. Another important thing is to make sure you get one that has a chest strap and is encrypted. The chest strap versions tend to be more accurate and the encryption ensures that you don't get electronic interference from gym machines or other electronics.

Once you have your calories burned from the HRM you can just enter that number in your diary.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Oh okay, thank you I dont know how that'll go over with the hubbs but hey I gotta try LOL
This discussion has been closed.