Help with my leg training

Options
I've been doing this training workout for my legs since February, once a week. I'm not seeing the shaping of my legs I hope for. They're getting stronger, but my leg definition isn't reaching my goal. Any tips on adjusting my leg workout? My goal is more definition, along with continuing to improve my strength, but primarily definition. I should add I have a hard time doing barbell squats of any kind because it hurts my back.

V-squats or dumbbell squats 4 sets of 6 (changed from V squats because the compression of weight on my back started to hurt)
Leg Press 4 x 6
Leg extension 4 x 6
seated hamstring curl 4 x 6
seated calf extension 3 x 10

For cardio I normally run 3 times a week, with one of those workouts being treadmill sprints.

Thank you for any input and assistance.

Replies

• ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    bump
  • rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    In terms of exercises :Lunges (there are a good amount of variations) and deadlifts and perhaps some plyometric/jump training.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    definition is a result of lower body fat which is achieved mostly by a calorie deficit.

if you are having lower back issues that isn't a result of a serious injury, you should incorporate barbell training but at a much lower weight. barbell squats are harder than leg presses and the stand up squat machine because they incorporate a lot more muscles to help stabilize you.