Finally! Onederland!!! (with pics)

Options
MJ_Watson
MJ_Watson Posts: 180 Member
I can't believe I'm finally able to make this post! When I joined this site almost a year ago, it seemed impossible. But now, for the first time in years, I'm seeing a number without a "2" in front of it on the scale, and I am THRILLED! I've actually been in Onderland for about 4lbs now, but I was weirdly terrified that I'd make the post and then shoot back up overnight! It still doesn't really feel real.

It's not time to update my progress pics yet (the ones in my profile are from 8lbs ago), but I decided to celebrate by pulling out my Shame Outfit (TM) and taking some comparison photos. The pics on the left are from my highest weight of 267. When they were taken, I was on a trip with a bunch of friends who decided that we were going to stop and go hiking up to this temple at the summit of a mountain overlooking the sea. I had nothing appropriate for that so I had to throw together an outfit by wearing one of my sleep shirts (too tight to wear outside, and I knew it) and a pair of shorts I NEVER wore without leggings. The location really was beautiful, but all I remember from that day is pain and humiliation as I tried to hide how much less fit I was than my friends and how much I was struggling. And then having these suckers tagged on Facebook a few days later. It wasn't a wake up moment so much as one in a long string of bad experiences that eventually pushed me to starting this weight loss venture.

So. Me then and me ~70lbs lost later:

imagejpg1.jpg

imagejpg2.jpg

And me this weekend, after completing a hike easily 3x as intense as the one from a year ago:

ab809ce5-ae25-4d36-aec6-795d0d4b1c8e.jpg

Feeling fit, happy, and healthy! I've still got a long way to go, but I know I'm going to get there!

Replies

• gcbma
    gcbma Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    looking good! You did great!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    High five!
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference, you look fab and you do look so much happier! Good work!
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • darylwbaker
    darylwbaker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job and the main thing is that you feel awesome everyday! Congrats hard work does pay off!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing! Your story is an inspiration :)
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Well done! I'm now on a mission to find that Thor shirt for myself.
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment!!! I'm just getting started but your success is very inspiring!
  • FlyersGirlrc
    FlyersGirlrc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing...and happy! I am 13 lbs away from the same milestone and cannot wait. It has been about 7 years since I have been under 200, my highest was 286. Hope to see you in" onderland" soon. Keep up the great work.
  • MJ_Watson
    Options

Thanks! I got the Thor shirt on Spreadshirt! Highly recommended. ;)
  • MJ_Watson
    Options
    Thanks for the support, everybody!! I really appreciate the comments! :heart:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!

You should be very proud of yourself!!!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

Thanks! I got the Thor shirt on Spreadshirt! Highly recommended. ;)

My sons name is Thor! He would love that shirt!!
  • kirssienbre
    kirssienbre Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great Job seeing these makes me feel like I can get there too.
  • MiqGallegos
    Options
    WHAT A GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT. You need to celebrate with ONE things. a Fiber ONE bar, and you can watch That Thing You Do with the One-ders and you um....can....wow.....Ok, so there aren't really a lot of one things. But you've kicked the 2's buns into the past!! And it's awesome that you get to replace memories of times when you felt bad with times that you feel Accomplished and Happy and Damn Proud of yourself!

You look amazing!
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hats off! Amazing!
  • DogLoverLiz
    DogLoverLiz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look beautiful! :)
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!
  • octogirlpretty
    Options
    You look incredible!! So inspiring! Also, I love your shirt in the last picture, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!