I've now lost 65 lbs in 5 months on this special diet...

Options
ScottH_200
ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
Some have have asked me to update my original post. So, here it is.

By eating whatever I "choose" to eat, keeping and daily logging EVERYTHING I put in my mouth and getting in some modest to moderate exercise when I can, I've managed to lose 65 lbs in a little over 5 months. The weight loss pace has slowed somewhat the more weight I've lost, but that's to be expected.

MFP set up my daily caloric needs at 2,190 a day at the start for a projected 2 lb per week loss. It's at 2,350 a day now. I've gone over my daily caloric goals only 1 time, of which I'm pretty happy about.

I've managed to lose thus far through Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanzaa, College Football Bowl Games, Birthday Parties, New Years, NFL Playoff Games, NCAA March Madness & stress at work ;-)

At times, I've eaten hamburgers, fish & chips, fried chicken, burritos, steak, pasta, cake & chocolate candy. Just not every day, or, in excess.

I joined a weekly support group and weigh-in for accountability and also receive encouragement here on MFP. I'm reshaping my thinking process from "I can't", to "I can!"

Frankly, I'm tired of making excuses for being fat...

This is a process, a balance of my life long one, I understand that. I haven't reached my goal yet, however, I'm on my way! I'm at my halfway goal mark now!

The point is, if I can do it, you certainly can! Don't give up!!!

Cheers!

Replies

• supra_driven
    supra_driven Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That's pretty good progress. I dropped my weight from 230 to 171 in 5 months time. So 59 lbs total. Got down to ~14 bf % and then I did a reverse diet to get back to maintenance and have started a lean bulk. So far I'm up 4 lbs, while still reducing my waist measurement. I did it like you. Just eating whatever I wanted as long as it fit my caloric needs. Bulking is a lot harder than loosing the fat. I'm at 3500 cal/day and I think I need to bring it up just a bit more because my weight gain has stalled. This is with only 45 mins workouts 3/week. No cardio, sedentary job.

What are your goals once you get down your desired weight?
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    That's pretty good progress. I dropped my weight from 230 to 171 in 5 months time. So 59 lbs total. Got down to ~14 bf % and then I did a reverse diet to get back to maintenance and have started a lean bulk. So far I'm up 4 lbs, while still reducing my waist measurement. I did it like you. Just eating whatever I wanted as long as it fit my caloric needs. Bulking is a lot harder than loosing the fat. I'm at 3500 cal/day and I think I need to bring it up just a bit more because my weight gain has stalled. This is with only 45 mins workouts 3/week. No cardio, sedentary job.

What are your goals once you get down your desired weight?

Congrats on your success! My goal when I reach it is to stay that way ;-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!