Yogurt

exermom
exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
Does anyone know of a low calories (ie: Light) yogurt that DOES NOT contain aspertame?

Dannon Light used to have only sucralose, but they changed to aspertame and HFCS. Activia light used to have only sucralose but I've noticed recently that it not only contains sucralose but also aspertame and asasulfane potassium (or however its spelled).

Replies

• I've been eating Oikos greek yogurt, it's sugar and fat free.
  • i find the best yogurt out there is Balkan style Astro. it's 2% but it fills you up, feels satisfying and has a decent amout of protein. there's little sugar as well. i'm always scared of all the additives and stange sweeteners in most yogurt.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    i'd go for the organic greek. lots of protein low sugar. you can add your own fruit/stevia/agave/cinnamon if you want
  • go Greek plain yogurt. Ingredients: pasteurized milk, live active cultures :drinker:
  • Greek yogurt! It's so much better for you and tastes awesome. Don't worry about the extra calories or fat (for the 2%) it will keep you full longer and it's natural sugars. I love the Chobani flavors and Fage 0 and 2% plain plus berries or granola. yummy!!
  • Thanks for the Activia info-I have been eating since my husband been buying it but I prefer the Greek yogurt like the
    other commentor said-better for you and best tasting to me-just add fresh fruit! Trader Jons (grocery) has good store
    brand yogurt but has fat but it is very creamy & tasty!
  • Yummy! made me want to go to Kroger 30 min. away and get some!!!
  • :smile: :smile: Where do you find this?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Greek or plain yogurt (Dannon or Meijer/ Kroger store brands) are the best. No artificial junk in them or sweeteners!! For Greek, the Fage is the best (but priciest!), Oikos, and even now Kroger makes their own plain Greek yogurt. HTH!
  • k1979k
    k1979k Posts: 94
    When was in the US I tried and loved Fage. SoO good by itself, but if you're not keen on plain then it's great to add berries to.
    here's a brand here (Australia) called Jalna - not sure if it's available overseas though - but if you can find it its really good. No 'nasties' added, and available in natural or flavoured, full, low or no fat.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Thanks, everyone.

I love Greek yogurt. Another plus is that the Greek yogurt is higher in calcium than the Activia!!! I do prefer the plain, it's higher in protein than the flavored. Looks like it'll just be Greek yogurt for me, now....which I don't mind one bit.

Never thought of adding it to something along with a bit of honey, but that could easily be done. Thanks for the idea.