Food seem like the enemy :(

Options
WOW as I try to redesign my life around my best friend and husbands diabetes it really seems to me that food is the enemy. His last check up all blood work was well. 2 months later triglycerides very high add another new pill :/ and changed sugar pill. Uggh!!
We walk mostly 3mi 4 to 5x a week this type 2 has got to go. Anyone willing to share what has worked to get stable or get rid of this pain in the gut.

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I recommend he sees a dietitian.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    lose weight, eat more greens, less fried stuff.
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Guess not many type2 Diabetics here.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    lose weight, eat more greens, less fried stuff.

This, losing weight is the biggest help.

Rigger
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a low carb diet. Monitor not only the sugar, but also the carbs as they affect blood sugar levels as well. And the carbs that the diabetic does consume need to be natural. Not white bread/pasta/anything from a box.

For instance,
    Cook some ground turkey, throw in some corn, bell peppers, and onions. Flavor it with chili powder, cumin, garlic, black pepper, NO SALT. Add diced tomatoes when it is finished cooking.

Get some green leaf lettuce and fill the individual leaves with the meat mixture. Top with some cotija cheese. There are good natural carbs, lots of protein, and if you use 85/15 and adequate amount of fat.