How many calories do I need to maintain? Help!

Hello everyone, I'm 18 years old, 113 pounds, 5'6" tall. I'm pretty sedentary and only do some light activity about 3 times a week.
I want to maintain my current weight. Some people have told me 1400 calories is my maximum to maintain, while others suggest a larger numer like 2000. I don't really know what to do. I don't want to slow my metabolism down by undereating and I don't want to gain weight either!
So, how many calories do you think I should eat daily to maintain this weight?

Thank you so much for your time!

Replies

• Bun_Ya
    Bun_Ya Posts: 174
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

1802. If you have gained weight after two weeks reduce it a bit. If you have lost weight after two weeks increase it a bit.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Or put your numbers into MFP, say you want to gain 0 weight, and let it calculate for you. That's what this site is for.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Or put your numbers into MFP, say you want to gain 0 weight, and let it calculate for you. That's what this site is for.

Or, do a whole bunch of web sites, look at the high low and average. Start at average and 2 weeks later, adjust.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    I think everyone is different. I gain if I eat over 1500 (net.) I've been playing with numbers over a few years but that seems to my maintenance number...