Logging HIIT

Options
EDollah
EDollah Posts: 464 Member
I'm looking for some feedback on what people are doing for logging their HIIT sessions. Let's say for simplicity's sake that I sprint, all out, for 30 seconds then walk for 60 seconds for 10 intervals each. Let's also say that sprinting is at 10 mph and walking is 4 mph. Would I log 5 minutes (10 * 30 seconds) at 10 mph and then 10 minutes of walking at 4 mph? This, by the way, is what I'm planning to do but I'm curious if someone has a more accurate approach.

Replies

• kangel197088
    kangel197088 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I'm having same issue with hiit if you can get map my run this may help I've been logging my hiit thru treadmill at the gym so it gives you your kcal loss at the end of your run I did a 5k run outside the gym an used map my run/walk I'm quite new to this exercise thing and it gave me a break down after hope this might help
  • Jaydec70
    Jaydec70 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Your best bet may be to wear a heart rate monitor, since those will figure calories burned in real time. Just need to assess whether calories burned is accurate for you as they fluctuate some depending on model and such.