Best low (or no) carb Protein Powder?

Options
Hey! Looking for some recommendations on low carb protein powders that taste good :)

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• noluckducky15
    noluckducky15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I picked some up from GNC and now i love it..its low calorie and high protein too! Its Promasil (I'll insert a link) and it has 0 carbs, 100 cals per serving and 22 g of protein! Plus it tastes good even just mixed with water :) I'll send ya the link!!

http://www.gnc.com/RIVALUS-PROMASIL-Milk-Chocolate/product.jsp?productId=11816575

*NOTE: this is a huge container lol...i hardly go thru 2 lbs a month*
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started out with GNC brand protein powder, but that's just way too expensive. I now buy Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey. They have many flavors. Check out the store at bodybuilding.com. Their service is excellent, the prices are always the lowest anywhere, and they ship fast.
    Remember, your body needs some carbs to refuel, too. Just a few carbs in your post-workout shake won't hurt, unless you have a specific medial reason that requires you to go no/low carb.
  • mandamerlot
    mandamerlot Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Remember, your body needs some carbs to refuel, too. Just a few carbs in your post-workout shake won't hurt, unless you have a specific medial reason that requires you to go no/low carb.

I prefer to blend my protein powder with greek yogurt & half a banana so I am getting my carbs :) The powder I am currently using has 24G of carbs and 150 calories though which when blended with the other ingredients, can start to add up :drinker:
  • vaporhockey83
    vaporhockey83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Nutracore's Lean Active 7....4 g of carbs, 30 g of protein, 1 g of sugar, 1 g of fat, and 145 calories. Has a lot of other great benefits in it. Sold at Total Nutrition. I like it and the flavors are really yummy.

Here's their PDF link to the nutritional information...

http://nutracore.limecirclemarketing.com/docs/LEAN-ACTIVE.pdf

The Chocolate Cake powder almost tastes like they took cake mix and made it a shake. I'm sure there are plenty of other options.
  • miniimuscles
    miniimuscles Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Check out dymatize ISO 100. I love that stuff
  • KatyRu
    KatyRu Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've used Nectar (brand) before. The one I've got right now (cookies and cream) has 4g Carbs and 100 calories per scoop. It is VERY sweet though.
  • SwoleWheatPancakes
    SwoleWheatPancakes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Isopure tastes amazing and has no carbs/lactose/additives.
  • franktowery
    franktowery Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try Beverly International UMP (Ultimate Muscle Protein)... Its fantastic and they have a few different flavors too.
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I use this: http://www.gardenoflife.com/Products-for-Life/Foundational-Nutrition/RAW-Protein.aspx

I can't necessarily say that it's the "best" because I've only tried a few…I do like that it comes in plain/unsweetened bc I don't usually like the artificial sweeteners in other low-carb powders. It blends well with frozen fruit, yogurt, etc. and I think it tastes ok.

I also just started using an organic hemp-based cocoa protein powder from Trader Joes that tastes ok. It's not super low carb (17 g per 4tbsp) but the ingredients are pretty natural and straightforward.

Best wishes finding something you like!
  • Lannister80
    Options
    I love Natural Factors Whey Protein Powder. I always get the vanilla, and it blends right into my smoothie nicely. I haven't tried it with just water or almond milk yet. It also has stevia, so it's about as natural as you can get.
    http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Factors-French-Vanilla-Ounce/dp/B000LVMRH2
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    IsoFlex - awesome stuff. Mixes well, great flavors - the chocolate mint in cold water was particularly refreshing! Like an After Eight. No carbs, between 100-120 calories per serving, 1g of fat if any, between 25-27g of protein
  • ancho84
    ancho84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started out with GNC brand protein powder, but that's just way too expensive. I now buy Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey. They have many flavors. Check out the store at bodybuilding.com. Their service is excellent, the prices are always the lowest anywhere, and they ship fast.

^^ I use this one as of about three days ago. (Flavor: Double Rich Chocolate) So far so good! Purchased 5 lb tub on amazon with free prime shipping and used a $5.00 discount code. BTW, it is #1 on top 50 from the site mentioned above. Found some great info there. Now I like it even more. ;-)

I think I will order Mocha cappuchino or extreme milk chocolate next time.
  • zitaboglin
    zitaboglin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi is there any veggie friendly versions in the uk that I could get hold of with very low carbs? Any answers gratefully received :-)
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    IsopureZERO is the best I've tried. I don't like the GNC brand it tastes too strong for me. Isopure is EXPENSIVE but you can get it for as low as $45.00 a for the big tub if you look around. The flavor is good and it mixes well with just a spoon. Dutch choclate, cookies and creme and vanilla creme are all decent flavors and taste good in coffee.

JayRobb also makes are really good one but again expensive and has a weird stevia aftertaste.