Alcoholic Drinks

Options

Replies

• Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Double shots of Grand Mariner and a bottle of water. Talk, talk, laugh, dance. *Repeat*
    I don't recommend or even condone it but....yeah...this is what I do. I feel great the whole time.
    It never seems to affect my weight either way.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Port Wine, or Blackberry Merlot ....Pineapple Martini or Island Tea both pretty low calories too
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I prefer to have a well-crafted beer. Probably something thick, possibly dark, and definitely tasty. Life is too short to drink crappy light beer. Just make some room for the calories and enjoy!
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Wine, always.. noms.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Sip tequila or whiskey or your favorite spirit. Add a low cal mixer if you like. Enjoy a pint of water beyween drinks. voila.

For calorie information, see: http://getdrunknotfat.com/

For a nice overview of the metabolism of alcohol, particularly as it affects weight loss / weight gain / fitness, see: http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Wine, crown and diet, or michelob ultra. I'm not really a beer fan so I usually stick with the wine or the crown and diet coke.
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Double shots of Grand Mariner and a bottle of water. Talk, talk, laugh, dance. *Repeat*
    I don't recommend or even condone it but....yeah...this is what I do. I feel great the whole time.
    It never seems to affect my weight either way.
    You must condone it if you're doing it yourself; otherwise, it would be a bit contradictory, yea?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Vodka because it buns fat and helps me to build muscle. Also like scotch and wine

Vodka burns fat?

Yes, Vodka is the probably the best thing to drink to reduce body fat

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA.....aaahhhhahahahaha....no, just no.

And to the OP, if you are not a big drinker, just drink what you want. Although I had always been of the opinion if there was room for mixer in the glass, there was room for more booze.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    drink what you like, just less of it. if you like margaritas, order yourself a skinny margarita without salt.
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Beer only, occasional red wine, but hardly ever.
  • MrBowser89
    MrBowser89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually avoid margaritas due to the high caloric content. I rather drink vodka with lime sparkling water or club soda. Light beer is not that bad neither (120 calories per bottle I think).
  • inky16
    inky16 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Vodka because it buns fat and helps me to build muscle. Also like scotch and wine

Vodka burns fat?

Pretty sure we've got a troll on our hands, ladies and gents. That's a pretty good one though hahaha...
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Here's a good link for you:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/03/28/the-wonkblog-guide-to-efficient-drinking/

I swapped to bourbon with a splash of water. I still get taste and alcohol without the calories of a mixer.
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Vodka burns fat?

Pretty sure we've got a troll on our hands, ladies and gents. That's a pretty good one though hahaha...

I was thinking something along those lines. Wanted to see what he had to say!
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the links and responses folks!
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Vodka burns fat?

Only if you set it on fire.

:)
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Beer. It makes me feel full so I only need one. Even if it's not light that's about 200 calories versus 300+ in a margarita (that I could easily down 2-3 of. LOL)
  • Sweetpea6896
    Sweetpea6896 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I prefer to have a well-crafted beer. Probably something thick, possibly dark, and definitely tasty. Life is too short to drink crappy light beer. Just make some room for the calories and enjoy!

^^^THIS^^^ :)