low calorie soup recipes

Options
nae7690
nae7690 Posts: 29 Member
gonna try some soups this week to change it up a bit...lookin for budget friendly recipes :-)

Replies

• Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    146 calories per serving and tastes like there's cream in it! http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7003/carrot-and-coriander-soup
  • whooooacourtney
    whooooacourtney Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ravioli & Vegetable Soup is one of my favorite soups :)

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/ravioli_vegetable_soup.html
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite:

1 pound ground beef

10.5 oz. can condensed beef broth
    12 oz. can chopped tomato

1 envelope dry onion soup mix

2 cups sliced carrots

1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley ( you can use dry, but it's not quite the same. If you are a penny pincher like me, you can chop and freeze the left over fresh parsley.)

1/4 cup celery

1/4 tsp. black pepper

1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves

1 bay leaf

1/4 tsp. basil

Brown ground beef, drain and set aside. Add the ground beef plus all of the ingredients into a 6 quart crock pot.
    Add 6-8 cups water or to taste. Let cook on low for 8-10 hours.

Per 2 cup serving:

102 cals

7 carbs

691 sodium

8 protein

3 calcium

184 Potassium

You can empty the fridge of bits of left over vegetables and it won't alter the calories very much. Even a little pasta is nice. My hubby is wild about this soup when I use a sweet Italian sausage for part of the ground beef.
  • emienne
    emienne Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Broccoflower, leek & fennel soup...

This is one of my favourites. I don't bother with the sour cream. And I use Cauliflower and brocolli instead of 'broccoflower' which I can never find. I also use salt reduced stock cubes to help keep my sodium intake lower :) Divided in to 6 servings at less than 90 cals a serve :)

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/13861/broccoflower+leek+and+fennel+soup
  • nae7690
    nae7690 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    wish these topics came with alike button..thanks yall!!!
  • djprice_69
    djprice_69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This is what I've made a couple of times lately and it is pretty simple:
    2 lbs carrots
    2 packages of celery
    4 onions - I used red
    1 package of green onions
    1 whole chicken.
    Season to taste - I use 'Better than Bullion' low sodium chicken soup stock, bay leaves, along with various other seasonings. and I also include some 600,000 scoville unit hot sauce, but that's just me :-)
    I clean & trim up all the veggies and throw the trimmings in with the chicken where I left it cook in a crock-pot, or I'll bring it to a boil then let it simmer until the chicken is fully cooked in a big stock pot. I'll mix in the seasonings here, too. Once the chicken is fully cooked I'll filter out the veggie trimmings used for stock, clean the chicken (which is the hardest part), and throw everything into a 16 qt stock pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Once it is simmering I'll throw the cleaned chicken in with the rest of the veggies until the veggies are tender. Lately I've been able to just set the big pot out in the snow to quickly cool it so it didn't over-cook anything, but now most of the snow is melted so I'll probably just throw ice cubes in next time :-)
    Anywho, this makes roughly 16 quarts of soup and I freeze about 12 quarts and just keep taking more & more out of the freezer as needed. Once done, 16 quarts is roughly 64 cups, I figure a serving to be two cups which is about 75 calories per serving. I will cook up noodles on the side for my wife but I try to avoid the noodles myself.
  • julez4774
    julez4774 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    homemade veg soup

1 bag frozen mixed veg cauliflower brococoli carrots
    onion
    2 garlic cloves
    3 celery sticks
    2 veg stock
    salt and pepper to taste
    all purpose seasoning
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm not sure where you live but see if your grocery store carries this.

kcggmq.jpg

Easy to make, delicious and low calorie. It will run you around maybe 3 dollars. I like to chop up some carrots, chopped frozen spinach and if I'm feeling really wild I will toss some chopped ham for flavoring. No added salt needed so it will help keep your sodium in check as well.
  • samacooper
    samacooper Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/healthy-soup-recipes.html

I love this website. I made the chicken pot pie soup the other day, sooo good. Even with me subbing 2% for skim milk it came in under 300 calories for a very hearty large bowl of soup. Filled me up, no sides necessary.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I tried Bob's Red Mill Whole Grains and Bean soup a few weeks ago and really liked it. {143 calories per cup} We had leftover pork tenderloin so I used it, but chicken or turkey would bring the calories down a little.

1.25 cup(s), Whole Grains and Beans Soup Mix
    14.5 oz(s), Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, year round average
    32.0 oz(s), Broccoli Stir-fry Frozen Vegetables
    0.33 tbsp(s), Spices - Salt, table
    7.0 oz(s), Pork - Fresh, loin, tenderloin, cooked, broiled
    48.0 oz(s), Water
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I love this soup - cheap, tasty and very easy. Make it as spicy as you like - it is also nice with just loads of black pepper too.

I haven't made the pinwheels - just have mine with toast or bread.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1651633/spicy-lentil-soup-with-curry-pinwheel-rolls