Wheat grass shot with Oj chaser

*hope this is on the right board - as I don't post often at all - my apologies in advance if wrong place*

I am a member of a gym that has a fancy smoothie bar area - and I saw the drink choice of wheatgrass shot with an oj chaser....

anyone had this? i imagine by needing a chaser, the item must taste like butt....

...but the fyi benefits of wheatgrass they had on the print out on the counter made it sound like it might be worth trying a little butt flavor lol.

Anyone tried it? Testify to the benefits?

Replies

• TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    no one? lol - or is this some kind of hush hush secret society? lol
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    My boyfriend and I bought this powder form wheatgrass (its called the amazing trio). We put it in with our protein shakes to add a little boost. Even the small amount gave a slightly grassy aftertaste, so yes....I imagine taking a shot of it would b like licking your front yard.

I want to say we felt better while we were taking the wheatgrass...but I think its one of those things that aren't scientifically proven. Just buy the shot and see how bad it is, and see if you feel more energized, or better in general.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    "Fancy smoothie bar" is just an exploitative money maker for a gym. Avoid it.
  • Dear god, that stuff would definitely need a chaser! I had it at a restaurant once and couldn't stomach more then a few sips. You might want to try it just for the experience, since it's definitely...unique. I personally don't think the health benefits are worth it, but to each her own.
  • I personally think it's probably a waste of money, but I've had wheat grass before. It honestly just tastes the way grass smells, and it's pretty powerful. If I was to have a whole shot of it outside of a fruit smoothie, I'd definitely want an OJ chaser.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    "Fancy smoothie bar" is just an exploitative money maker for a gym. Avoid it.

This. They make it look like they're doing you a favor, catering smoothies and whatnot, but they're really out to get more money from you, for a product that gives the illusion of being healthy, but really doesn't do anything.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    I had a wheat grass and carrot juice once, I really liked it. I dont drink orange juice though, way too acidic for me, wreaks havoc.
    I say try anything once, I wouldnt bother making it a routine though :flowerforyou:
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    I once had some delicious Polish vodka with a piece of buffalo grass in the bottle. I think it was called Zubrowka or something like that. Had a fresh, green flavor...not like butt at all. But I guess that's not what you're talking about. LOL :drinker:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    I ate grass once. When I was 2.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    I tried it once. Tastes like *kitten*. And humans are not grass eaters anyway, even if there is some nutritional benefit. A fruit smoothie would be a better choice.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Bottom line there is no magic food that if you eat it you will lose weight faster or build more muscle or become more fit. There is only your macros,your micros, your calorie intake and how much you exercise none of which is going to be influenced by a shot of grass juice if I was going to put money on it.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    My DH would refuse to go to the gym ever again if I tried to give him blended grass in a cup. This would not work for us.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    i drink 2 glasses of barley grass per day and i dont think it tastes awful. tastes like grass, slightly reminds me of spinach. but yeah, a lot of people dont like it and chase it with something else. im convinced of its benefits. :)
  • latoyaaaa
    latoyaaaa Posts: 71 Member
    Wheat grass tastes feral. But you get used to it. Shot it and have a lovely smoothie to follow :) and make sure you brush your teeth because it can stain.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    I dunno? Some people on these boards would say that the OJ is too much sugar and that its da debil.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    It's pretty gross .. If you are planning on drinking it, don't smell it first either. 1st mistake.

My thoughts are the same as some of the above .. why? Healthy living doesn't have to taste like this!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    More important how do you know a dog didn't pee on it? LMBO