PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME WITH CARBS

Options

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Hi! I hope this info i provide you hepls.. any question please don't hesitate to ask. I am not a professional, I am however going to school for nutrition. best of luck !
    Carbs are your body’s main source of energy. When you ingest

carbohydrates your pancreas releases a hormone called insulin.

Insulin is very important because:

• It grabs the carbohydrates and either stores them in the muscle

or stores them as fat
    It grabs the amino acids and shelters them inside the muscle

cell for recovery and repair.

Most overweight people on low fat/high carbohydrate

diets eat too many carbohydrates, releasing too much insulin

and thus storing fat. There are complex carbohydrates and

simple carbohydrates. The complex carbohydrates give you

sustained energy, while the simple carbohydrates give you

immediate energy. You should eat mainly complex

carbohydrates throughout the day except for your post-workout

meal.
    Starchy complex carbohydrates: Oatmeal, sweet

potatoes, potatoes, brown rice, grits or cream of rice quinoa

Fibrous Complex Carbohydrates: Broccoli, carrots,

cauliflower, green beans, lettuce, mushrooms, pepper, spinach

or zucchini.
    ** please note keep your carbs before 8 pm!**

What happens after 8 p.m.????
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    You maintain on 1337 cals?

^^^^ THIS
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I thought this said CRABS?! I was gonna recommend a salve. . . .
  • janetn03
    janetn03 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hi! sorry i am assuming she goes to bed at 10 like me hehe.. but i was told by my trainer not to eat 2 hours before. it helped me to reach my weight goal but i do hear many that still eat right before bedtime and manage to lose weight.. i'm just speaking from my experience :)
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    It scared me a bit, honestly. However, most of my carbs came from dried fruits, honeydew melon, whole grain waffles, couscous, admittedly one white-wrap burrito, grapes, carrots, pineapple, two huge apples, cantaloupe, and tomato wraps. So I ate 1334 calories today, and my target for my height and weight to maintain is 1337. So does this overload of carbs equate weight gain? I'm scared!

Im scared that this has scared you so much.
    1337 to maintain at 19 years old?
    Seems there are 2 things of concern here, and neither of them are a carb.
  • jmv7117
    Options
    I track my food on MyFitnessPal, although I'm not dieting I'm just maintaining my weight. I don't eat too many calories per day, however startlingly enough I ate too many carbs today. I was supposed to have 150 g of carbs, and I had 260 g! It's been like this for 24 days now.

It scared me a bit, honestly. However, most of my carbs came from dried fruits, honeydew melon, whole grain waffles, couscous, admittedly one white-wrap burrito, grapes, carrots, pineapple, two huge apples, cantaloupe, and tomato wraps. So I ate 1334 calories today, and my target for my height and weight to maintain is 1337. So does this overload of carbs equate weight gain? I'm scared!

Dried fruits are high in carbs so reduce the amount you eat or substitute like nuts or seeds. You could replace some of the fruit with vegetables that are lower carb. Another method is to focus on protein like eggs, lean meats, poultry and fish. You could also set your macros from 50/30/20 to 40/30/30 which increases protein and reduces carbs. I find that ratio (lower but not low carb) makes me feel better. You might have to tinker a bit to get the ratio that works for you.

Is that 1337 calories to maintain correct? I'm 5'1" with a BMR of 1286 calories and TDEE of 1768 calories (light exercise 1 - 3 days/week). Your figure seems low.
  • jmv7117
    Options
    Hi! I hope this info i provide you hepls.. any question please don't hesitate to ask. I am not a professional, I am however going to school for nutrition. best of luck !
    Carbs are your body’s main source of energy. When you ingest

carbohydrates your pancreas releases a hormone called insulin.

Insulin is very important because:

• It grabs the carbohydrates and either stores them in the muscle

or stores them as fat
    It grabs the amino acids and shelters them inside the muscle

cell for recovery and repair.

Most overweight people on low fat/high carbohydrate

diets eat too many carbohydrates, releasing too much insulin

and thus storing fat. There are complex carbohydrates and

simple carbohydrates. The complex carbohydrates give you

sustained energy, while the simple carbohydrates give you

immediate energy. You should eat mainly complex

carbohydrates throughout the day except for your post-workout

meal.
    Starchy complex carbohydrates: Oatmeal, sweet

potatoes, potatoes, brown rice, grits or cream of rice quinoa

Fibrous Complex Carbohydrates: Broccoli, carrots,

cauliflower, green beans, lettuce, mushrooms, pepper, spinach

or zucchini.

Technically it doesn't matter when you eat your carbs unless you want to maximize fat burn by exercising after a fast, usually 8 to 12 hours. Then you avoid carbs to force your body to burn stored fat.
  • janetn03
    Options
    yes i do know all that except that protein and insulin part which is interesting so thanks for the info .. but i am just talking about carbs here..
  • vjom
    vjom Posts: 2
    Options
    What happened to the proteins in your comment. Most bloggers won't understand that amino acids are proteins. Overall most North Americans and some Europeans eat too far to many calories in the form of carbohydrates, simple or complex, and, unless your diet consists of a lot of fried or fatty carbohydrate laden prepackaged or purchased fast foods, not enough fat. Dried fruit is very high in carbohydrate. Fresh fruit is a much better choice.
  • Marcelle_K
    Options
    I think you're getting all your carbs from fruits and veggies which seems good to me! As long as it's not from white breads and sugars you should be fine:)
  • janetn03
    Options

Technically it doesn't matter when you eat your carbs unless you want to maximize fat burn by exercising after a fast, usually 8 to 12 hours. Then you avoid carbs to force your body to burn stored fat.
    yes u are right i did that to lose weight but also i was told to maintain too? at least that's what i was told but these days u hear many different perspectives..
  • searise
    searise Posts: 2
    Options
    fruit is great, but try to ease off on the fruit... greek yogurt, nuts, seeds, etc... your body needs protein and fat too! good luck
  • janetn03
    Options
    i have heard that too much fruit will also cause weight gain due to the natural sugars.. what is your aspect on that?
  • SolitudesMuse
    SolitudesMuse Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Gremlins. That's what happens.
  • searise
    searise Posts: 2
    Options
    oh also try replacing some of the fruits with more green veggies... zucchini, broccoli, kale, spinach, peas, asparagus just to name a few.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    i have heard that too much fruit will also cause weight gain due to the natural sugars.. what is your aspect on that?

To much of anything that puts you into a surplus will cause weight gain.....