Hello Everyone,

Options
My name is Michelle and I need to lose 140 lbs. I have high blood pressure, diabetes and sleep apnea. I, also, have degenerative disc disease in my back. I was on medical leave from my job for about 3 months but I recently returned to work. I finally decided to do something about my weight problems/back pain and lose weight (actually my primary goal when I started my food diary was to control my blood sugar). Keeping a food diary has really been an eye opening experience. It has showed me how much I eat in a typical day. This is day 12 for me and I am making progress towards staying within my nutritional goals. It amazes me that when I eat correctly I experience less back/knee pain as well. Getting up and going to work is easier now than I expected. I am a special education teacher so my job involves me walking from class to class to work with students (I think I am going to use a pedometer to see how much/little I walk in a day). I want to eventually join Planet Fitness and get some exercise but decided to focus on my food consumption first. My doctor told me that 90% of losing weight has to do with your diet so I am committed now. I added my fitness pal to my Iphone but I really like using it on the computer after work. Needless, to say, I need community support that is my primary purpose for reaching out in this forum. I am open to tips, suggestions, nutrition or anything else you think would be helpful. Thanks. :-)

Replies

• 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Welcome Michelle, it sounds like you're off to a good start. I also share some of you medical conditions. this site has been awesome for me in tracking food and exercise.I just found out there was a forum today which IMO makes this an even better tool for weight loss. Good luck in your journey to lose weight. I know it's a tough one but don't back down. Your feet point forward for a reason.