Help! advice needed :) ..... calories, exercise, food !

Options
rvssnn 

Joined Jul 2013

April 5, 2014 5:57 PM

Hi All, 

My name is Neha, and I was hoping for some advice and of course your opinions. I workout about 5 to 6 days a week. I would workout 7 but my trainer says that that is too much! Each day, I do Zumba and Pilates except for the days I train with my trainer. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I train with my trainer, and do a lot of circuit training. I am constantly sore and it feels amazing (not achy). I am pretty good with exercise, and in fact love it! 

The hardest part for me is the food. Food and I have a love hate relationship. I currently weight 220 pounds and I am 5' 2. There are some confusing parts I do need some advice/clarification on. Fitness Pal asked me what my lifestyle is like. I said active, but I am wondering if that is incorrect. Any suggestions? I am currently not working. I got laid off about a month ago, and it has been the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I used to work in Finance, and now I get to work on myself. So, during the day, I am pretty active. Cleaning the house, or cooking, or just meeting up with friends. So am I active, or just lightly active? 

It seems to me, that MFP uses a lot of averages for the exercises you enter. What confuses me is the calorie deficit. For example, my daily caloric intake should be 1740 (as per MFP). I then enter my exercise for the day. It then says that I can eat close to 2500 calories. Do I have to eat the calories I burn? Am I understanding this correctly? Or, should I only eat 1740, and have a deficit since I want to lose weight? My goal is to lose 2lbs a week. 

Last question! I haven't really been losing weight. I see my body get more tone, but the weight isn't really coming off. Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong? 

I would love to hear your thoughts, and any advice you have to offer. 

Neha

Replies

• Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i use to have mine set at light active, because i figure its better to underestimate my calorie requirements then over calculate. on days i work and workout i would be at very active, on my days off im damn near sedentary so i just leave it at light activity. i'd suggest leaving it a step lower then you would think and adjust it later if depending on weight loss.