1/4th the way there

Options
I got on the scale this morning, and really didn't expect to see any change, because I am past that initial quitting-junk-food-moving-more fast loss, and getting down to the nitty-gritty, but it was there - 200! I am a quarter of the way to my goal, and it's so motivating to stay on course.I've done this before, and the yo-yo has taught me things that work, but i don't have it totally down, i.e. lifestyle change.

Being gentle to myself is good. It feels like I ballooned overnight, but it took the better part of a year. It will take time to come off, and I am so not patient!

I will be doing this for life. I got blessed/cursed with a good metabolism - if I was a hunter-gatherer who might not eat for days, that is; my body loves to store the fat. If i want to stay healthy and feel good, i have to keep the weight off; bad knees and fatigue disappear when I am fit. got to keep my eyes on the prize, that it's not all about looks, but much of it is. The painful thing is thin fit people get treated better than fat people - no amount of wishing that wasn't so will make it so.

I love this site. It makes it really clear where my weaknesses lie, and that much easier to stay where I need to be. Calorie counting the old way with a notebook was too much to put up with; this is easy.

Diet food is like junk food; it's crap. Good wholesome food is satisfying and makes a huge difference in how i feel. If I want a hot dog (like the day before yesterday), I am going to have the best damn hot dog money can buy (a little meat market in Corrolitos CA makes the best sausages and dogs) and have it on a baguette with all the good stuff, and make up for it in the next couple of days. Nothing is off limits, it's just like banking. I make sure I enjoy it; I set a place at the table and eat it thoughtfully - no more eating in the car, no more eating on the run.

I wear a uniform at work, and I am happy to no longer feeling like toothpaste stuffed back in the tube.

The best thing here is all the success stories, the people who are struggling with the same things I am, and the feeling that I am not alone. I am so glad to have found MFP.

Replies

• danacriley
    Options
    Congrats! YOu're defin. on the right road! This site is great isn't it? Keep on keepin on!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Loving it that you are loving yoU! You have made it happen! Congratulations and continued success on your new lifestyle!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!