Atlantic Cod w/caramelized onions & peaches

CakeFit21
CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
A friend asked for this recipe so I thought I'd post it here. It's very easy. I didn't use a recipe myself, just sort of made it up as I went but there isn't really any added fat so it wasn't to hard to approximate.

I made it for 2 people but you could multiply it out easily.

2 pieces Atlantic Cod, (I used Costco frozen fillets. 6oz. each)
2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 large onion
1 fresh peach
olive oil
2 fresh thyme sprigs, (or more if you like)
salt & pepper

In a ziploc bag I combined the Dijon and the balsamic and mixed together. Then added the fish and let it sit for about 15 minutes. (You could go more or less time)
Meanwhile heat a pan on med-high heat and cut the onion in half and continue to slice up. Spray the pan quickly with olive oil or some type of pam spray.
Toss in the onions, give them a stir, (I always add a little salt to my onions you don't have to). Let the onions cook down a bit. (about 5-8 minutes or more depending) You want them to brown up but not burn. While these are cooking down slice up the peach lengthwise, add to the pan. If the pan seems dry, add about a table spoon of water until the peaches start releasing juice. At this point the onions should be very soft and lightly brown, if you taste them they should be sweet.

Add the fish and strip the leaves off of the thyme and add.
Add salt and pepper (I have no measurement for this)
I'm not sure exactly how long you should cook the fish for. It should almost break apart and be opaque. I wasn't watching the clock, but I'm thinking about 3minutes each side, with the lid on.
Don't forget to check for seasoning!

I served this with 1/2 cup brown rice.

Altogether with the brown rice the calorie count came out around 315, HOWEVER the fish cooked down to 4oz. I added it to my diary as the 6oz serving because I didn't feel like doing the math. So, it's actually less calories.

Enjoy! It's really so easy and good!
:heart:

Replies

• Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Thanks! This sounds really good! :)
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    bumping for later!!!
  • malpal0111
    malpal0111 Posts: 48 Member
    My mouth is watering! Thanks for posting!
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Thanks so much for posting this! I have friends coming over for dinner so I think this is the winning recipe! Tasty for all of us and healthy for me!!

Any dessert suggestions??!!!! X
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    wrote out this week menu and already did the shopping, BUT oh so next week have to try this.
This discussion has been closed.