5 weeks in and no weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I am not a big eater in the first place and find trying to even get to my calorie intake really difficult, let alone eat more. As for protein, i've been eating more legumes and nuts and eggs and, I don't eat meat (except fish). I don't exercise for more than 2hrs continously, except for derby training actually 3hrs once a week (but changing that isn't an option). I don't feel like it's muscle and body shape hasn't really changed. I'm just frustrated though
    If you're not a big eater- why do you need to lose weight. Add healthy calorie dense food like nuts, nut butter and avocado.
  • C3001
    C3001 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You might have gained some muscle since you've been going to the gym. Do you notice any physical differences in your body?

Take a look at OP's diary. She is not gaining muscle with that little protein and calories. I'd lay odds most of her calories burned are from cardio.

I am curious:
    1) what is OP's height & staring weight
    2) what was OP's diet like before logging on MPF
    3) what kind of exercise is OP doing and how is she tracking the burn
    4) Why is she eating so little
    5) what is her goal - (weight? size? strength? health? looks?)

Something doesn't add up here

I'm curious as well. Something isn't adding up. OP- from you diary today are you saying you had 2 pieces of mentos candies as part of your snack? Those are 10 calories each and I can't imagine opening a pack to eat 2...
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Height? Weight? BFP?

If your 4ft tall then your eating too much
  • scara3584
    Options
    You obviously don't have my job where i am constantly work in crisis situations so forgetting i even opened mentos today is an easy thing to do
  • scara3584
    Options
    I work as a social worker with high intense mental health clients who are homeless. Is that crisis enough for you?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have been at this for 5 weeks and no success and i've gained 1kg. I have been just under or over in my calories and am very active (as in i go the gym evryday) and i really haven't eaten badly. Concerned my body is in starvation mode and just not responding anymore.
    You only have 11 lb. to lose. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week, and be patient.

Weight loss is not linear, so take photos & measurements, too. Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants