My first topic post...a revelation!

owengem
owengem Posts: 131 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Learning new things from MFP...

I believe that my motivation and determination to loose weight is my greatest asset in this journey. I know that I've tried to diet a million times and only this time do I feel like this is for life. This method is the one that works for me and is going to teach me the most about my choices. I am terrified of loosing this motivation and determination because I know how easily I have fallen off the wagon in the past and how long it has taken me to get back on. I have been afraid of gaining weight when I step on the scales in case it causes my motivation to go and I can't get it back. But I've been reading some posts on here today that has made me realise that if I don't loose, or even gain a little, it isn't the end of the world. Because I have learnt how to adjust my choices and that I can get back on track and start loosing again the next wk. 
I have learnt that it's ok to eat out and maybe not loose weight that wk, so long as it's occasional and not the norm. 
I'm in this for the long haul and altho I want instant results I now know that it is better for me to take my time. To lose steadily over time, that if I sometimes gain a little then it's not the end if the world, and that slow and steady wins the race. I should be a tortoise not a hare!

Thank you to everyone who posts on the forums and our status's who keep us on track and feedback when we do well but also when we do less well.
Together we can do this. 

Replies

• haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    Great post! I'm right there with you!
    BUMP!! :)
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Nice post & has given me a boot up the backside this morning :) Love the outfit btw :happy:
This discussion has been closed.