How do you cook your chicken?

Options

Replies

• xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I marinate in a teriyaki/pineapple/hot sauce, add cayenne, salt, and pepper, and cook on the grill VERY slowly (about 1.5 hours for 7-10 full chicken breasts).

Then I freeze it, and eat it throughout the week on Caesar salad for lunch.

I tried using methods other than grilling, but I missed the smokey flavor and perfect consistency too much.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I cook about a pound of chicken at a time, I spray it with pam then sprinkle Italian seasoning, Goya adobo, Pepper, about a table spoon of Taco Seaoning I Allrecipes.com
    I dice up onion and garlic, let that sweat out, lay the raw chicken on top of the onion and garlic, add 2-3oz of water to the pan cover and let it steam for 10 minutes, flip it (add more water if necessary) let it steam for another 5 minutes or so or until the water is gone, allow it to brown up.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share my brain glitch when I read the title

To me it looked like:

How do you cook your children?

I was like what???? and had to look again...LOL
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My laziness is epic.

I take a frozen chicken cutlet (boneless/skinless from Sam's Club) drop it on a pan and broil it in my oven for ~15-20 minutes each side. Before I put it in and after I flip it I coat it with Adobo, Cilantro, and Red Pepper flakes.

I also do this for steak, pork, fish, etc...
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I make a Thai-Braised Chicken that is good with breast meat or boneless thigh meat. I also make a Turkey Curry with spinach which should taste good if you use Ground chicken instead of ground turkey.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I dont know how to cook chicken on the stove top, only bake. Please someone help me! lol

p.s. I wish I was joking :-/
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Since I choose to no eat "deep fried" food anymore....(I do miss my Popeye's, lol) I do mine in the oven. Season it, and coat it with Autry's and put in the oven. It's not Popeye's but it satisfies that craving!

I will also bake chicken wings in the oven, season them and put them in a pan with a little bit of water, and sliced onion. Cover the pan and bake them. Once they'ry done, I remove the foil and have them brown, turn them over so the other side gets brown and then they're done! I love them!
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I read this as 'How do you cook your children?'
    I was very concerned!

Priscilla...
    Bwahaahaa... are you drinking? :wink: :drinker:
    Love your hair! :flowerforyou:
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    i cut it up in little pieces and cook it on the stove top with some bacon and frank's thick red hot sauce.
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I cook mine in a foil 'pouch'. Place it in the middle of a sheet of silver foil (aluminum), spray it with oil (use my WW sprayer so I use about a teaspoon for 2-4 chicken breasts) then rub in seasoning (pepper, a little salt, minced garlic and tarragon) then fold the foil into thirds, and scrunch it so that it's well-sealed, I then do the same to one of the ends so leave just one side open. I make a 'stock' of lemon juice and water which I then pour in to the pouch and seal it closed by rolling and scrunching the foil until nothing can leak out. I cook it on 180 C / gas mark 7 for 25-30 minutes and end up with a lovely moist piece of chicken flavoured really nicely. Goes brilliantly on a plate of salad or with some potatoes...

You can use any seasonings but I love tarragon with chicken.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I dont know how to cook chicken on the stove top, only bake. Please someone help me! lol

Season the chicken however you like, there are a lot of pre-made seasoning blends or use your own blend of spices.
    Heat about 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet
    Put chicken in the pan for about 6-8 minutes - if it is sticking to the pan, it isn't ready to flip yet. When it "releases" and seems like it has a good crust on the side touching the pan, then flip it to the other side and cook for about 6-10 min more. Depending on the thickness of the chicken (and whether they are boneless or not) it should take anywhere from 12-20 minutes total to cook all the way through.

If you are unsure, cut into it slightly and see if it is cooked all the way through, should be juicy but white, not pink anymore. If you think it isn't done all the way either throw it back in the skillet or put it in the oven for about 5 minutes to finish cooking.

There are lots of other variations you could do (like make a pan sauce after you sear/cook your chicken with chicken broth/wine, butter, etc) but it sounds like you were looking for the most basic instructions of how to cook chicken on the stovetop.

Hope that helps.
  • amberl34
    amberl34 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you cut it into chunks/strips or cook whole in the crock pot & shred when you are done?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Nuwave oven.

Sometimes I add seasoning, but other times, I add nothing at all.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas to assuage my chicken boredom.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

Season the chicken however you like, there are a lot of pre-made seasoning blends or use your own blend of spices.
    Heat about 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet
    Put chicken in the pan for about 6-8 minutes - if it is sticking to the pan, it isn't ready to flip yet. When it "releases" and seems like it has a good crust on the side touching the pan, then flip it to the other side and cook for about 6-10 min more. Depending on the thickness of the chicken (and whether they are boneless or not) it should take anywhere from 12-20 minutes total to cook all the way through.

If you are unsure, cut into it slightly and see if it is cooked all the way through, should be juicy but white, not pink anymore. If you think it isn't done all the way either throw it back in the skillet or put it in the oven for about 5 minutes to finish cooking.

There are lots of other variations you could do (like make a pan sauce after you sear/cook your chicken with chicken broth/wine, butter, etc) but it sounds like you were looking for the most basic instructions of how to cook chicken on the stovetop.

Hope that helps.

Thank you!!!! Gonna try this!!
  • bane0317
    bane0317 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The pressure cooker is the gift to person who wants good food fast and doesn't have the money for expensive cuts of meat. The flavor is all the way through whatever you cook in it. I have an electric one that you can program and has a removable inner pot (like a crock pot, but metal). Hands down the best investment I've made in my kitchen in years!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Here are several chicken recipes I have pinned...

http://www.pinterest.com/kruggeri/winner-winnerchicken-dinner/

I've not tried all of them (lol)! But there are several that I have tried and love including:

http://www.grocerybudget101.com/content.php/322-Key-West-Grilled-Chicken

http://dishingwithleslie.blogspot.ca/2012/09/chicken-bombs.html

chicken-bombs.html

Also Santa Fe Chicken from Skinnytaste is a go to in our house...
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Marinate in brown sugar and worcheshire (Sp?) sauce and put on the grill.
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    Just wanted to share my brain glitch when I read the title

To me it looked like:

How do you cook your children?

I was like what???? and had to look again...LOL

Years ago the Charlotte Observer printed an article about how to lose weight eating at McDonalds. They quoted the nutritionist as saying you should get a salad with grilled children as a healthier option. Oh how I wish I'd clipped it.