ACK What's up with the scale?

Options
Seriously, what is up with my body (or the scale)? Friday I weighed 191which is a 1 pound loss from when I started. Today I weighed (I know, I know I shouldn't have) and I was up to 194.3. What is up with that? Could it be the slice of Pizza I had on Friday or too much salt, or the fact that I went over my calorie goal by 150? Could it be that the 192 I had when I first weighed was an anomaly? Thoughts?

Replies

• vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Pizza definitely could have done it...especially pepperoni b/c of the salt. But your body just fluctuates. That's why you should weigh a) as close to the same time every time and b) not every day.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    it the salt. don't worry
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I struggle with the number on the scale too...I want to see a different number so badly yet it doesn't seem to move!! lol!! And I feel like I'm doing everything I should be to reach my goal...very discouraging!
    I would have to think it's mostly the sodium from the pizza you had; drink lots of water.
    Just keep on track and look forward...you can do this!! :flowerforyou:
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. This morning I was up 4lbs from my Friday weigh in!!!! Just cant be real because have been within my calories . It is taking me forever to lose weight but I have lost a lot of inches & gone own at least one size in clothes so maybe the same has happened with you. It is annoying but you are definitely not alone.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    vkpmusic pretty much said it all. the body weight does fluctuate daily and throughout the day and that is why you should only weigh yourself once a week, otherwise you're putting yourself up to feel disappointed.