Oh Lord....help me!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I'm going to be a foster mommy to a 7 month old pit bull puppy! My friend does a lot of fostering and she was telling me about Ruby a pit bull puppy who needs a foster.

Time to get out the old crate and go puppy toy shopping!!!!:laugh:

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I've done some fostering of dogs in my time.

You're doing a good thing. Have fun with Ruby!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    You used to fostering large breeds or looking after them? If so, hope you have fun with the cutie! :flowerforyou:
    If not.. Please read into it and be careful, too! :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    I'm just hoping the kids and I don't get too attached. She's adorable though!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    You used to fostering large breeds or looking after them? If so, hope you have fun with the cutie! :flowerforyou:

Oh yes. I was a vet tech pre kids and I've had 3 great danes. :smile:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

Then you are amazing for what you are doing!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa1971
    Options

Then you are amazing for what you are doing!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:blushing: Awwwww...thank you!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I'm just hoping the kids and I don't get too attached. She's adorable though!

This is why I decided not to foster. I'd want to adopt them all. And then I'd be the crazy dog lady. :laugh:
  • milmomto2
    milmomto2 Posts: 84
    Options
    Yay for you! I did volunteer work with the Humane Society and was a foster mom for kittens, included bottle feeding. I now have 3 dogs and 1 cat. No time or room for fostering,but really great memories:)
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Oh cute, good luck with the puppy :)
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be a foster mommy to a 7 month old pit bull puppy! My friend does a lot of fostering and she was telling me about Ruby a pit bull puppy who needs a foster.

This is wonderful news! I have a pit mix puppy (he's 7 months old and I've had him for the last 5 months) and he's the best, most loving dog. I adopted him from the local pound. He's good with the other dogs (I have four other dogs, one large and three small) and the four cats.

You probably already know this, but: Pit puppies LOVE to chew - even more than most breeds. Thor loves to chew on my athletic socks (clean, of course!) so when a pair of my socks gets a hole, he gets the pair. He also likes to chew on braided ropes, pigs' ears, milk bones and these cured meat things that I get at a local pet food store (like rawhides but not exactly.) He's not much for chewing on things like plastic chew toys.

Oh, yeah, this morning he was chewing on a cantaloupe rind. :huh:
  • Lisa1971
    Options

This is wonderful news! I have a pit mix puppy (he's 7 months old and I've had him for the last 5 months) and he's the best, most loving dog. I adopted him from the local pound. He's good with the other dogs (I have four other dogs, one large and three small) and the four cats.

You probably already know this, but: Pit puppies LOVE to chew - even more than most breeds. Thor loves to chew on my athletic socks (clean, of course!) so when a pair of my socks gets a hole, he gets the pair. He also likes to chew on braided ropes, pigs' ears, milk bones and these cured meat things that I get at a local pet food store (like rawhides but not exactly.) He's not much for chewing on things like plastic chew toys.

Oh, yeah, this morning he was chewing on a cantaloupe rind. :huh:

Good to know about the chewing thing! I will buy tons of toys for her tomorrow. :smile: