any one lost 100lbs in a year, with out surgery?

Options

Replies

• ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    It IS totally possible!!! I have been overweight since I was young...finally realized I ALONE was in control of my eating habits!
    I haven't lost 100, but have lost 60 lbs. since Jan 4, 2010.
    I exercise 4-5 times per week and keep track of everything I eat. I feel better than I have felt in 10+ years!! : )
    And I recently have decided to start running (you would have never convinced me I would be doing that a year ago).

I have 20 lbs. to lose to my original goal, but may lose a little more once I achieve it!
    You can do anything you set your mind to if you want it bad enough!!!
    The best piece of advice I have is....if you "mess up" DO NOT let it get you off track. I always used it as an excuse not to continue, but we are all human and it will probably happen. Just get right back on track, don't beat yourself up and you will achieve your goals!
    Good luck to all!
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think that it is very posible if you commit your self 100% with diet and exercise I have lost 69 pounds since July 25th of this year I'm not losing as much as I did when I first started but I am starting to drop pant sizes and build muscle I never even
    knew existed!! For everyone who has lost 100 pounds very good
    job!!!!
  • GrayJohn
    Options
    I joined the gym on the 12th January 2010, I weighed 340lbs

Today I weigh in at 211lbs

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE.

NO SURGERY REQUIRED.

FACT.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I lost 78 pounds in a year without surgery. I originally thought I could lose 120 in a year. That was very unrealistic for me.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Not only is surgery not required, I'd say the chance of long-term success is HIGHER without! Going into a hospital and getting cut open doesn't do anything to change the things that got you there in the first place. I saw a show on MTV where a young man had gotten a lap band. He had lost a ton of weight, so he had the doctor remove some of the pressure because he thought he was ready. He also made the statement that he hadn't had a "real meal" since he had received the lap band. The problem was that he was having good, healthy meals, but he thought they weren't "real meals". To him a real meal was piles and piles of food. To him a real meal left him satisfied. A real meal isn't about feeling satisfied. It's about feeding your body. Once the doctor released some pressure he went out and binged on a meal of fried food, followed by FIVE(!) deserts and 3 milkshakes. To his mind, that was a real meal.

Don't let anyone tell you you can't look the way you want to. I thought I'd always be big, even when I lost weight. I'm a couple months away from FINALLY having a 6 pack. That's right. Not just a flat stomach. Not a pooch. An actuall check-out-that-guy 6 pack. Weighted crunches, leg lifts, and the knowledge I gained by figuring out how to lose weight without anyone cutting me open made it all possible. I don't care if it took 5 years, that's still pretty cool. It's all part of the quest, to be the person I always dreamed of being.
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yup quite possible. I myself lost 50lbs in 6 months and had I not gotten pregnant I'm pretty sure I'd have lost another 50 before the year was out! A friend of mine also went from 300ls to 200lbs in one year by exercise and healthy eating alone, hes probably still around 200lbs now but only because hes huuugee and a bodybuilder now lol
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great thread. You are all such an inspiration!

I think the thing to keep in mind is that this really is a change in your whole life, not just going on a diet. I am fortunate to have access to lots of healthy produce. We used to plan every meal around meat, we now plan every meal around veggies. Some people would feel deprived. I feel amazingly grateful -- the food is amazing. I love it that our kids are learning to eat a wide variety of healthy foods. I can't imagine our kids having the weight struggles my husband and I have.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Hi ya, Bennettv....awesome reply, esp the part about your children, and the fact that you are starting early to show them what nutrition is all about........kids today are really up against the wall when it comes to nutrition. Look how much corn sugar, or glucose is in everything out there......I thought chicken was safe, but they are now injecting chicken meat with sugar as well as salt............

Does something in the brain to trigger us to eat more............lovely...

take care, and again ,its great you are starting young with your kids.........they will thank you years from now........Lloyd
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have :flowerforyou:

Stay focused, you can do it :)

p.s. I've been maintaining for 7 months!
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring stories! Thanks for sharing.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    sure is. My husband lost 100lbs in about 9 months.
  • candacepainter
    Options
    i lost 102lbs in a little over a year.
  • lizk17
    lizk17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow...it is amazing to see all of the people who have lost over 100 pounds...it gives me inspiration to see all of those wonderful posts! I hope in a year I will be able to post that magiv 100 lost number too. :-)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP a year ago and have lost 74 lbs, with less than 30 to go to my goal. It IS doable. It is hard, but it's doable! Just take every day one at a time.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    All of your stories are inspirational! Well done...
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    yes, I lost 100 pounds in 1 year, I have lost 179 to date. if you keep doing what is right, it will come off, you have to keep doing it, that is key, even when you are not losing, keep doing it, it will come off!!!
  • LinnPitt
    Options
    at my heaviest I was at 387 pounds. I didn't do it in a year but I started mfp at 225 and after one week I am at 222. I made the mistake of losing weight too fast while my husband was in iraq. 90 pounds in one year, I didn't eat but the bare minimum to stay alive and was swimming every day for exercise. as soon as he got home he made me start eating again. (yes it made me very sick physically) and I gained 30 back very fast. I am trying to do it the right way this time.
    but to answer your question.. yes it can be done but the slower you take it off the longer it will stay off.
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    I'm currently on 49lbs in just over 4 months. I'm sure it can be done.

However.

I've also lost almost 150lbs in six months. But just as a warning, I almost killed myself doing it and I'm very lucky I didn't end up with permanent health issues because of what I did. I also didn't give myself a grounding in how to eat when I was off the 'diet' which explains why I'm back where I was when I started the 150lbs loss.

Be sensible, and it's achievable. But don't go crazy, nobody's perfect.
  • mrsknash
    mrsknash Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Before I had my 2 boys (within 2 years of each other!) and piled the weight back on, I lost 106lbs in 10 months following Weight Watchers. I must admit as well, I did not do a single bit of exercise so I was still unfit! LOL. I went from 275lbs to 169lbs - which was within my healthy BMI.

I've been at it for just over 8 weeks (I think! :-/) and I've lost 21lbs so far - I don't have quite so far to go this time as I had already lost 37.5lbs in a year without trying... through a mixture of an active pregnancy (being sick and chasing a toddler, often simultaneously!!) and getting gallstones (that's enough to make anybody stop eating!!). Now the gallbladder is gone, I can eat normally again, and so I am back on to a sensible eating plan. I have another 40-odd lbs to go to my goal. I aim to get there in the next 6 months. :)
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Hi all,

WOW! for all those who lost so much. That's really inspiring.

I have a question though: With loosing that much weight, how's your skin following? Do you have loose skin hanging around? Did you do the "right* exercise to make it shrink with your weight? Or is surgery necessary now to get rid of the "belly"?

With 80lbs to loose, I really wonder what to do with my belly skin.

MM
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!