Kick Started & Going Strong!

Options
AlexD3
AlexD3 Posts: 23 Member
I started using this website on 9/30/10, after a visit to my doctor's office on the 29th. My goal is to get to 195 lbs. I started at 273 lbs and I am currently at 267 lbs. I am a 43 year old male at 5' 10".

The biggest change for me so far is just tracking what I am eating. I did not realize how quickly the quantity of food that I ate added up throughout the day. Now, I am starting to plan my days to have a better understanding when I consume my calories. I don't plan the day specifically. However, I do have a general idea of where I stand through out the day. The phone application has been extremely helpful. The process of tracking makes really consider my "real" nutritional needs. If I don't want to log it into the system, then I will not eat it.

I get at least 40 minutes of elliptical trainer work in M-F. On Monday, I will kick in the weight resistance.

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Great start! If you lose 1 lb a week, with this 6 lb jump-start, you will have lost 58 lbs in one year. That means only 20 lbs to lose in the second year. It took you 43 years to reach your current weight, so losing the extra in 1.4 years will be wonderful. After you lose all your weight, I suggest staying on the site and maintaining your weight (reset goals around 01/01/2012) for a few months.

You are part of a warm, friendly family. We share similar interests. Go for it! :drinker: (water)
  • AlexD3
    AlexD3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hadn't looked at from that view. That sounds pretty exciting and attainable. Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!