Weight gain

Options
I was over 1500 calories Under my weekly goal. Ive exercised over my weekly goals yet I have put on 2.5lb WHY???

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Because its there!

Just messing with ya! Do you weigh every day or once a week? What's the sodium intake been?
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Could be:
    1.) Water retention
    2.) Muscle soreness if you worked out, it does tend to add weight sometimes
    3.) Not logging everything correctly
    4.) Aliens.
    5.) The body tends to fluctuate a lot, so try to look at your weight again in a couple of more weeks and see if you lost it.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
  • Wazza1960
    Wazza1960 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Weigh once a week and my sodium is normally under my goal.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. Sometimes you do everything right & maintain or even gain. Others you lose a whole lot for no reason. (I believe the technical term for the latter is "whoosh.")

So don't panic—yet. Give it another week. If you're still gaining, then you're not eating at a deficit. You're underestimating your food &/or overestimating your burns.

Take photos & measurements, and read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Edited to add that you only have 17 lbs. to go. (Congratulations!) Set your goal to .5 lb. per week, and be patient. The smaller deficit will also help you transition to maintenance.
  • Wazza1960
    Wazza1960 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Will read the link and maybe adjust my weekly goal loss