Agreed. :sick:
    Nor do I like hair in my food.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    im sorry, but there is nothing sexy about a girl with underarm hair

well it's a good thing my sole purpose in life isn't to look sexy for the likes of you two <3
    (or, anyone, really)

not that I've ever had a problem attracting the boys mind you ;)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

well it's a good thing my sole purpose in life isn't to look sexy for the likes of you two <3
    (or, anyone, really)

not that I've ever had a problem attracting the boys mind you ;)

Agreed. :laugh:
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options

Im sorry, but there is nothing sexy about creepy auld men telling girls what they should and should not do with their own bodies in order for them to be sexually appealing to him
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    dye all your body hair pink instead.
    it's way more fun.

1897866_10153882079865411_465984881_n.jpg

YOU WHAT

:huh:
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Haven't read all the responses but try soaking in a bath first, exfoliate using a brush and then try shaving. I used to get ingrowns and irritation and this seems to work for me.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    dye all your body hair pink instead.
    it's way more fun.

1897866_10153882079865411_465984881_n.jpg

YOU WHAT

:huh:

if you don't think I'm adorable you're wrong ^_^
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I shave every day, sometimes twice a day, even in winter. I feel dirty if I don't. I rarely ever cut myself. I never have ingrown hairs. I don't use special razors or magic creams. I use a Venus Embrace (5 blades), soap, and water. All the hand-wringing over this subject reminds me of the similar uproar every time a woman on this site gets her period.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Im sorry, but there is nothing sexy about creepy auld men telling girls what they should and should not do with their own bodies in order for them to be sexually appealing to him

harry-and-hermione-high-5.gif

Call me a hippie or a feminist or whatever, but IDGAF what some stranger on the internet may or may not find sexy.
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I use a men's razor. They're so much better than women's and they're cheaper too.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    all the comments on here about pain and cuts and bleeding and rashes is so depressing

like, does anyone else find it surreal how much we're socially conditioned? we'd rather mutilate ourselves than allow something perfectly natural to grow on our bodies.

not in a condescending or judgmental way; I shave certain areas for certain occasions ;)

shaving or not is obviously a personal choice; but really would any of us put ourselves through this hassle if we didn't have it so drummed into us that it's "normal"?

I recently had this conversation with my teen-aged daughter. I don't judge anyone for shaving or for choosing not to shave. There's nothing inherently wrong with leaving body hair where it is, or with removing it. It makes no difference to me at all.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Haven't read all the responses but try soaking in a bath first, exfoliate using a brush and then try shaving. I used to get ingrowns and irritation and this seems to work for me.

This doesn't work for psoriasis, but does for skin that's simply "sensitive." :smile:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Get a loofah and exfoliate your legs if you are prone to ingrown hair. Sheesh.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I do not shave my face daily....hell, I don't shave it weekly.....hell hell, I don't shave. I use face clippers to knock the growth down every once in a while, but a razor has only touched my face maybe three times in the past 5 years. It would be hypocritical of me to dictate how, when and where a woman should shave. However, when I do shave....WITH THE GRAIN!
  • agman90
    agman90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't use shaving creams or conditioners, just water, as I have very sensitive skin and coarse dark hair. I've found that when I use the shaving cream that I was more prone to ingrown hairs and red bumps. I shave up the leg first, then down so it helps the microscopic hairs to lie down. I use as sharp of a razor as I can get, and if it isn't the kind that has the lotion/soap in it, I store the (clean) razor in a small container of baby oil. The baby oil helps to keep the blades sharp and free from rust. It also helps to run smoothly across the skin. I exfoliate before I shave, but I only use lotion on my legs much later after I shaved. for instance if I shave in the evening, I use the lotion in the morining, or if I shave in the morning, I use the lotion in the evening. The pores are too open and the lotion clogs them. If it is a day that I don't shave, I use my moisturizer right after the shower.

or you can do what i threaten my kids with, let my leg hair grow and do cornrows up and down my legs to look like tights with a pattern. :laugh:
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    How do people shave with the grain? I'm so confused by this. Won't the blades just gently run down the hair shaft? I certainly am unable to remove any hair if I go down my legs. Hell, my hair is so tough, I find it difficult to cut the blighters going up the leg!
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    How do people shave with the grain? I'm so confused by this. Won't the blades just gently run down the hair shaft? I certainly am unable to remove any hair if I go down my legs. Hell, my hair is so tough, I find it difficult to cut the blighters going up the leg!

For me, my facial hair is coarse enough not to just lie down. If I go against the grain, I will itch for a week.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

For me, my facial hair is coarse enough not to just lie down. If I go against the grain, I will itch for a week.
    Leg hair is much finer than facial hair. If I shaved with the grain, I would be left with (at best) a lot of stubble instead of a smooth skin, which is my goal.