i like big butts and i can not lie

Options
how do u get a big butt....any exercises to help with that.

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Thrust, squat, and deadlift. Also variations of all 3 of those. Throw in some single leg variations as well. That's how you make a booty.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The above while eating at a surplus
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    ^ Yes, and yes.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    You other brothers can't deny
    That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
    And a round thing in your face

-Sorry. I couldn't help it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Thrust, squat, and deadlift. Also variations of all 3 of those. Throw in some single leg variations as well. That's how you make a booty.

Yup.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

Yup.

All of the above. :wink:
  • cupcakesANDiron
    Options
    I have been barbell squatting, doing deadlifts, dumbbell step ups, weighted kick backs, & reverse hyperextensions, for the last 2 months. I can tell a definite difference in the firmness and roundness of my derriere! My husband has commented multiple times & I was told I have the *kitten* of a 17 year old yesterday. Start heavy lifting TODAY. :happy:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Yup.

Can't be stated enough.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Yup.

Can't be stated enough.

Very true.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Will doing these exercises while eating a surplus cause fat to collect in places other than the butt, or is it all muscle growth?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Will doing these exercises while eating a surplus cause fat to collect in places other than the butt, or is it all muscle growth?

depends.

there is always some fat that comes with adding mass. how much depends on how well matched your surplus is to your actual TDEE/intensity of your training
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

depends.

there is always some fat that comes with adding mass. how much depends on how well matched your surplus is to your actual TDEE/intensity of your training

I would also like to add that it depends on your goals. I have always been on a cut and have seen tremendous progress in the shape of my glutes from lifting and shedding fat.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Fill a bowl with ice cream. Take a spoon and lift heavy amounts into your mouth. You don't want to lift to exhaustion however because then you will not be able to go for round two. Just make sure that you are lifting enough. When the bowl is empty repeat.....

All jokes aside I think that the ability to gain muscle in the booty is really genetic. I haven't started lifting yet, but my booty has perked up and rounded out with walking and ashtanga.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Yup.

Can't be stated enough.

Very true.

well- could be stated some more..... sure why not.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

depends.

I would also like to add that it depends on your goals. I have always been on a cut and have seen tremendous progress in the shape of my glutes from lifting and shedding fat.

Ditto for me, too. Even if you are eating in a deficit, you won't get a bigger butt, but you'll likely get the shape that you're after.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Being born Dominican helps.

But you can lift and tighten what you have. Don't expect a basketball if you don't have the genetics, though. Work it and hard.
  • Dregg
    Dregg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My fav feature.
  • kuolo
    kuolo Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    From personal experience lots of cycling up hills does it too.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

And some lunges
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Genetics, for one. But you can build a butt. Focus on workouts that work the posterior chain: dead lifts, all variations. Single legged work great. Cable kickbacks squats hip thrusts butt blaster machine and even body weighted movements can lift and resize your derierre. My butt is probably my best asset. :wink: but I devote an entire gym day to working it.