What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Went for a 7 mile walk

What would I have done differently? Track calories

What is today's personal goals? A walk and track calories

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 0/7 days of exercise

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Missed yesterday's check-in due to being out of town + working at night. Kind of a bad day but nothing to worry about. I'll more than make up for it today.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Friday - yes. Sat - not so much.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Fri - yep. I rested, all right! Yesterday I made some good healthy choices and didn't binge on anything, even when I made pancakes for the bf in the morning. Feel good about that!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I didn't get too bent out of shape about calories while I was away - I made sure that I ate healthy and I didn't eat when I wasn't hungry, but I wasn't a calorie-nazi either, which I'm proud of. It all worked out in the end. By now I know what I should and shouldn't be eating, and what a portion looks like.

What would I have done differently? I wish I had worked out yesterday, but I didn't have any time and it rained all day long.

What is today's personal goals? Run, run, run! Running 4+ miles today, depending on which turns I take. I've never run this particular stretch of course so I'm not exactly sure it's length but hopefully I'll get a good long run in, especially since I'm supposed to weigh-in again on Mon and since Thurs I don't think I've lost anything.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 5/7 - not a great week but I'll make up for it today hopefully!!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Went over.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Had not set any

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Really did not think about this. Had a fun time at an Octoberfest party. Was all about tasting food and beer. Kept the drinking to a minimum and only tasted everything. But I am sure it added up to WAY TOO MUCH!:ohwell:

What would I have done differently? Put a little thought into my taste choices and cut back a bit

What is today's personal goals? Had Daughter #1's birthday dinner on Thursday, Then on Friday went to MI for M-I-L's 75th. Enjoyed the dinner party. Moved on to Octoberfest on Saturday , (made Bierrocks)- And today (Sun.) had a wonderful visit with my oldest sister and some of her family. Really so many events it was hard to eat light. Brings me back to my blog theme. "Living Lean in a Land of Plenty"

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 3/5 days of exercise (Not only too many eating occasions -No time for exercise between all the travel and entertaining.

Definitely thinking my Monday weigh-in will not be a happy surprise! :cry:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Way to go GoldK

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Went for a 7 mile walk

Now that is a worthwhile walk!!

And, Meagalayne, it sounds like you are getting this lifestyle-thing figured out!! Good for you. I'm still working on that one!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Ughhh... Not a good morning. Feeling so bloated and have lots of cramps - Weighed myself and apparently I'm back up to 142lbs since Thursday. I'm HOPING it's just because it's my TOM, but who knows...

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes. I ran 3.5 miles and walked 1.5 - not exactly my goal, but altered slightly because of my knee injury and waiting up for my running partner.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Not sure...? Nothing comes to mind.

What would I have done differently? Snacked less. Goodness, I snack so much at night!! I need to stop that. I snack much less when the boyfriend is around.... Maybe I should get him around here more often?

What is today's personal goals? Try not to get too down on myself about gaining again, and get to the gym to work off some cals. Stretch, strengthen, and maybe a short run.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Not sure - didn't track :grumble:

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Walked for about an hour

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Started the weekly check in post :noway:

What is today's personal goals? Elliptical for 60 mins (DONE! :smokin: ) and track my calories... ALL OF THEM :bigsmile:

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 days of exercise (not counting yesterday's stroll as exercise)
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Over by a bunch

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Just enjoyed my day and the company

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Could have been worse? :huh:

What would I have done differently? Paid better attention to what was going into my mouth.

What is today's personal goals? C25K (done!) Work on two social events and the laundry

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/5

Monday weigh in :grumble: :noway: :ohwell: 137.8 That is up almost a pound and 1/2. Not too surprising, I guess, after the end of last week!

On to a better start for all of us!! Are you in!!!???
  • meagalayne
    Options

Definitely! Today was alright, but the rest of the week I am committed to kicking some butt with this weight-loss thing... I was really miffed about gaining, so I'm going to try and turn it around this week! Bring it on!!
    -Meag
  • meagalayne
    Options

Definitely! Today was alright, but the rest of the week I am committed to kicking some butt with this weight-loss thing... I was really miffed about gaining, so I'm going to try and turn it around this week! Bring it on!!
    -Meag
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Didn't track, but I'm pretty sure. My stomach was not doing well so I didn't eat a lot.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Didn't set one

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I was very angry and stressed yesterday, but instead of eating my way through it, I ran it out on the treadmill to some butt-kicking music.

What is today's personal goals? Track calories & jog

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 days of exercise (Mon-Jog)
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Probably not

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? 1/2... I did the elliptical for 60mins but didn't track ALL my calories

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Elliptical

What would I have done differently? Not graze on the homemade pizza like it was my job :laugh: (after I had dinner :grumble: )

What is today's personal goals? Track calories and go buy some healthy food for the house

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 days of exercise
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes - ate most of my exercise cals

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Sort of. I definitely was a bit bummed all day. Went to the gym and ran/jogged 3 miles (not quite a short run) to blow off some steam and feel a little control over my weight-gain. Then I did some short circuit training. Need to stretch more though or I'm going to injure myself...

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I busted my butt at the gym, was sweating like crazy. I also made a healthy dinner for my boyfriend + parents. Chicken + shrimp gumbo ... Mmmm

What would I have done differently? I ate out at lunch, which wasn't great. Loads of sodium. Wish I hadn't but that was my only option, really. Managed to stay under my cals though.

What is today's personal goals? Stretch! And another 3 mile jog, hopefully. We'll see how that goes. And then I'm baking some healthy pumpkin/oatmeal/choc-chip cookies to surprise my friend at work on his birthday tomorrow.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Squeaked by

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Always more to do, so just going to continue

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Kept my evening light to stay under on calories

What would I have done differently? Made real meals instead of snacking

What is today's personal goals? walk, elliptical and get organized around here!

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/5
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Through out the leftover pizza

What would I have done differently? stay under calories

What is today's personal goals? Elliptical for 60mins and track calories

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Did well!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Did not fit in the elliptical

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Managed my calories even with less exercise

What would I have done differently? less sitting, more moving!

What is today's personal goals? C25K. 20 minutes of running is supposed to happen today! Organize my list and get at it!!

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/5
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Much to my surprise - yes I did :drinker:

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Stayed under my calories

What would I have done differently? stay away from the boneless buffalo wings :explode:

What is today's personal goals? Track calories and hopefully get in a walk this evening

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yep!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Ran for the WHOLE 20 minutes! I might make it to a 5K!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Exercises and stayed under my calories!

What would I have done differently? walked longer - but didn't have time!

What is today's personal goals? Yoga and party prep

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 4/5 (if you count it) doesn't user many calories but the stretching is great!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yep!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? N/A - totally forgot about this yesterday! durrr...

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I once again kicked butt at the gym. 30mins spinning + 20 mins weights + fastest mile yet!

What would I have done differently? Uhhh... Not too sure. Nothing I can think of. Snacked less is always a good one to put here hehe Those cookies I could have done without!

What is today's personal goals? I tried to run 3 miles but only made it 2. Ugh. Bad running day. But I stayed well within my cals.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 4/7
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Over by 63... not too bad considering I didn't work out yesterday

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes - tracked calories No - didn't get a walk in

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? tracked my calories and have checked in everyday this week

What would I have done differently? Um.... not go over my calories... lol

What is today's personal goals? Track calories and get to the Y - elliptical for 60 mins

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7 days of exercise
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Was over by 11 cals or something...

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Not at all. I wanted to run an easy 3 miles and I could barely make it 2. I also wanted to stay under my cal goal even though I had to work, which is always a struggle, but I snacked a TON. Gah!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Wish I could say.... But nothing, really. I made a healthy soup for dinner. And I did more crunches than my body would have normally allowed.

What would I have done differently? Snacked WAY less. I ate a ton! Esp after work.

What is today's personal goals? Rest. I was going to long run today instead of Sun but it's not in the cards. My body is aching.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 4/7
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Not going to have time today!
    Hello all! and I will see Sun. for sure!