Low calorie dip recepies for raw vegetables?

Options
jacksmummy2011
jacksmummy2011 Posts: 15 Member
Hi, basically I've been back on board with trying to shift some excess weight for a couple of weeks now and I've hit my first "challenge", which I'm sure that there will be plenty more to come.
I'm attending a small get together tomorrow where there will be lots of tempting typical finger foods and I would like to bring along a plate with something healthy/low calorie to help me press through and avoid temptations, lol..
I was thinking of doing up a raw vegetable plate and making a low fat "dip" to accompany it.. I've seen some recipes where people use plain Greek yoghurt as the base for the dip. Does anyone have any recipe suggestions?

Thanks guys! :)

Ps sorry about the spelling, I noticed after I posted this but I can't edit the title, lol..
Having one of those days..

Replies

• fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    First thing that comes to mind is cucumber dill dip! Just googling it will bring you to yogurt-based recipes!
    Also try searching Yummly for "vegetable dips"- you can specify that you want the recipes to include Greek yogurt! Super helpful website.
  • jacksmummy2011
    jacksmummy2011 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • sus49
    sus49 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The dip I do ( my friends adore it) is a red pepper dip. AND IT IS CALORIE FREE!!!!!

Wash some red peppers and deseed and cut them. Put them in a paper bag and roast them in your oven at 425 for about 20 minutes. Put them in a blender with garlic and balsamic vinegar add salt to taste. (The less salt ou use the healthier it is) Blend and refrigerate for a couple of hours.

And just wait for the RAVES from your guests.
  • stephaniepettett
    stephaniepettett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make a dip with fat free sour cream and the dry Ranch Fiesta mix. It has a Mexican flare to it and is pretty safe on the calories if you go fat free.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I like hummus with veggies. It's so good when made fresh. It's also super easy. Try some variations on type of beans and flavor. Black bean dip is easy and delicious. Could be served with tomatoes and sweet peppers.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I like the hidden valley dip mixes (ranch, dill ranch, fiesta ranch, etc). I mix it with 3 parts plain fat free Greek yogurt and 1 part sour cream.