question plant based, and raw vegans

Options
So let's say you get a stomach virus, aka gastroenteritis.
Don't tell me you wouldn't because you eat so well, although true, will not help my inquiry.
So you got a stomach virus, doc says to eat foods bland for the stomach.

What do you eat?

If the answer is the same as a meat eater aka the BRAT diet, please be more specific. L
ike bread, but what brand or type?

I'm curious cuz I got a stomach virus and everything is upsetting my stomach. Looking for ideas.

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Rice is pretty bland.
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    rice or bananas
  • charming12u
    charming12u Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    White rice, no sugar added apple sauce, what ever vegan bread I can find at the store and bananas. BRAT is BRAT. Might not be a bad idea to add in some probiotics or yogurt with live culture if you eat dairy.

Anyone can get a stomach bug, plant based or not.

Oh, and oatmeal, with banana slices in it.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Plain food like rice, bananas, potatoes, milk. You can find out more here: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/patientinstructions/000068.htm
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Im finding some coconut oil helps a huge ton, I think because of the antibacterial, antiviral, antifungle qualitys. I'm just having trouble finding ways to consume it.
  • charming12u
    charming12u Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd lay off the coconut oil until your stomach bug is on the mend. Intestinal distress can be a common side effect from coconut oil, and right now bland "plugging" foods are what you are aiming for.
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd lay off the coconut oil until your stomach bug is on the mend. Intestinal distress can be a common side effect from coconut oil, and right now bland "plugging" foods are what you are aiming for.

I'm already in intestinal distress, and since I took some the other day symptoms have gone down.

I was afraid of the same thing, on a normal day I am. But I'm kinda willing to risk it if I feel even a bit better tomorrow
  • GatorUA
    GatorUA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'd lay off the bread too...you don't know how the GMO wheat is affecting you. Unless you can find some that is all non-GMO and organic. Non-organic bread and wheat products bother me on my best days. :( Hope you feel better!:happy: