Protein bars

Options
2»

Replies

• Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    can you really lose weight on protein bars ? they have a lot of cal .. just wondering I'm new to this so I need help !
    :sad:

i look at a cookie dough quest bar 21g of protein snack, and it tastes better then any others i've had. protein is essential when losing weight unless you want to lose lean muscle
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have tried well over 100 different protein bars, and while most fall somewhere between being just "blah" and simply horrible, I would say I have found about 30 which are very good or better.

Rather than post an exhaustive list, here are my 3 favorites:

1) Pure Protein - Soft Baked Protein Bar: Double Chocolate Vanilla Crunch (1.58oz/45g) - 190cals/17g protein
    2) ZonePerfect Nutrition Bars - Blueberry Pomegranate (1.76oz/50g) - 210cals/14g protein
    3) Luna - Peanut Honey Pretzel Bar (1.7oz/48g) - 190cals/9g protein

The Pure Protein bar listed above is amazing!
  • pimsbim
    pimsbim Posts: 18
    Options
    My favorite is the Pure Protein chewy chocolate chip. I like pure protein because it is high protein and low sugar. Alot of protein bars are filled with sugar, which to me defeats the purpose. I also like quest bars. They are also high protein, low sugar and in addition have high fiber. Quest bars also come in a ton of flavors which typically taste exactly like what the flavor is. I always keep protein bars on me for if im on the go I don't have to worry about finding something good when I'm out and about and get hungry. I s lso use them for breakfast on days I'm running behind or don't feel like making anything.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Questbars - I love them baked until they get crunchy. And they have a lot of fibre!! Amazing product.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I make my own bars. I haven't made them since I started MFP so I don't know how many calories, etc. they have. They are pretty much solid nuts and dried fruits with a very very little batter. You can put in any combination of dried fruit and nuts. You could even put in all nuts and no fruit if you want.