Does anyone else workout at night?

Options

Replies

• ChelbyJean
    Options
    I prefer to workout at night because I try to limit my calories during the day and usually eat a high protein dinner. And also my workout buddy usually isn't available til about 10 pm =) I'm assuming as long as you workout your still gonna see results no matter what time, I would think that working out would be beneficial anytime of the day.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I have class in the mornings and work afterward, and I'm a night owl, so nighttime workouts at my 24 hour gym works much better. I also love that hardly anyone else is there.

During the day, between class and work, I try to fit in something small like a bike ride around the block just in case I'm too tired to gym it up after work.
  • dintentions3
    dintentions3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    unfortonately i do. i feel half dead till atleast 3pm no matter WHAT. ive ALWAYS been this way. sometimes im working out at midnight while watching tv. ive stopped fighting it at this point
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i hit the gym usually around 9pm

mornings are never going to happen. i find it hard enough getting my kids ready let alone going for a workout.

having said that, on the few occassions i have done it ive felt pretty good afterwards, but its much harder getting started than at night.
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    unfortonately i do. i feel half dead till atleast 3pm no matter WHAT. ive ALWAYS been this way. sometimes im working out at midnight while watching tv. ive stopped fighting it at this point
    I think your body knows what's best. Some of us just have weird schedules, best not to fight it!
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I actually like to work out at night especially my cardio.. because i live in a relatively safe part of Korea.. and there is nothing and no one to bother me...
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I work out at home due a hectic life, but morning & night!

:)
  • erinelissa91
    erinelissa91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I work out at home too...most of the time. I do have some weights and kettleballs here so that makes it easier. And then when I do occasionally get up early, I go run. But I'm just not a gym person =/
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Since three of my jobs were graveyard and another one a closer, use to being up late at night.
    Alot of times when it's after midnight, start some of my exercise then.
    I also have no issue going to sleep after working out.
    In fact just did 30 minutes of workout cardio video and 10 minutes of resistance band
    Later when I do get up bike ride, walk and glider.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, but I've found that if the sun isn't out, I can't really work out properly. I don't get my full burn and end up disappointed with myself at the end of the work out.
    I even fell asleep on the leg press once, waiting for my next set.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I work 3rd shift, so I work out in the morning after work. So it is sort of at night, my night? lol I find if I go home and sit down, I won't be as motivated to go, so I come home, grab my suit, and head for the pool. Everyone is different I'm sure, Good luck to ya!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I work 3rd shift, so I work out in the morning after work. So it is sort of at night, my night? lol I find if I go home and sit down, I won't be as motivated to go, so I come home, grab my suit, and head for the pool. Everyone is different I'm sure, Good luck to ya!

I work 3rd shift as well and also workout in the mornings after work. I also work weekends and where I work, it's rarely busy on Saturdays and Sundays. I will go outside for 20-30 mins walks and jogs at 2AM. I work in a secure location so I don't have to worry about traffic or people. The coworkers I work with are cool and will cover for me incase it does get busy while I am out.
  • dintentions3
    dintentions3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i agree! :)
  • DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I workout at night....although, I have woken up earlier to do my T25 before work, but I'm not much of a morning person so I can't see myself doing that every morning. I wish I could though just to get it out of the way.

My husband wakes up at 6am every morning and goes to the gym before work and sometimes I want to just stay up and do my workout, but my body is like "NO"! Lol
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    often times 9-11 PM

I'm shifting to an early time slot- but I'm not happy about it- currently I'm hitting it Monday and Wednesday from 5-7- thankfully it's a small gym and it's not super busy so I can get away with it- at LA Fitness- it was IMPOSSIBLE to work out at that time.

Oh well- now I"m mostly at my studio till 1030 or so at night.

Morning work outs just are not my thing- I'll do it- but I don't like it. One morning- first cup of coffee sitting by the rack- I went to do a warm up set- I only had one plate on the frigging bar.

Yeah- morning workouts- not my cup of tea.
  • adeptus_lupus
    adeptus_lupus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am going to start working out more in the evening, it fits my work schedual I am thinking of trying out p90X or going running but I have to be careful XD the neighborhood around me is a little wonky.
  • teeygirl
    teeygirl Posts: 4
    Options
    I am the same. I prefer to work out at night as is am a night owl. I just got back from a 75 hot yoga session and it's 10pm. It definitely not strange. As long as you are getting your workout in then you are good. Doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Just be safe if you walk to and from the gym, but if you drive or work out at home then you're good.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym around 9 - 10 pm. Love that it's quiet and I can pretty much do whatever I want.
  • HayleyMB1284
    HayleyMB1284 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I workout out from home. I made my spare bedroom into a little gym. Im not a morning person and im so tired through out the day taking care of my 5 month old that when my husband gets home from work . He watches our son . So I can get exercise in. It just works better that way. I've always been a nite owl..so it helps
  • Luke_Luke_Luke
    Options
    I prefer to work out at nights (after 9pm) by a long shot...Motivation, hydration and everything on target so im ready to go but sometimes life doesnt allow it to work like that. So sometimes morning it is and I just force myself. When I run though, I tend to do better in the early mornings...go figure.