ME

Options
I am a 47 yr old female....I gained weight rather quickly......a lot of it after I was on PROZAC from the loss of my mom....came off of it myself, but the weight did not come off.....I would lose a few pounds and gain it back...lose, gain t back.....long story short, my mom has been gone 12 yrs and it took that long to find out that my thyroid is not working.....

I am on thyroid meds now......I still do not want to eat though.....they (the drs and the nutritionist) want me to eat 1200 to 1500 calories and 150 carbs a day.....I am not making it......I hear the voices saying that I need to eat.......I DO NOT WANT TO FAIL, but my body and mind says if you eat your going to get fatter........

I AM SO FLUSTERED!!!! Any suggestions?

Replies

• exterminatingmyfat
    Options
    I have the same problem as you do and I am 20.
    I started my medication when I was 16. I lost 30 pounds from doing NOTHING different at all. Just from the medication alone. I still ate poorly and lost weight. Then I made a conscious decision to lose weight and ate 1500 calories a day when I was 17 (on the medecine) and I lost 30 pounds in 2 months with NO exercise.
    It was due to the drugs alone and healthier eating.
    I completely understand that our bodies are very different and while we are on the same medication, our metabolisms will still be two different things, but the point I'm trying to make is I ate a pretty good amount of food and I lost the weight regardless. Food is NOT your enemy, it's fuel and you need it to keep your body going.

By starving yourself you won't lose any weight either. Your body will hold onto the fat it already has because it will go into starvation mode.

I know it's hard, and I'm sorry about everything you've been through, but I know you can do it!!