Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies...yum!

Options

Replies

• poarche
    poarche Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    just popped those bad boys in the oven and they are starting to smell sooooooo gooooodddddd!!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!! Thank you for sharing! I am going to make these for our road trip next weekend the kids will LOVE them :love:
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Friend's birthday on Wed so I am throwing together a batch of these tomorrow! So excited :D
  • momtomalia
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! What a great fall treat!
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    I made these the other night, substituting sucanat for the brown sugar, and they are YUM! My 2 year old daughter loves them as well. Thanks for sharing!

ETA: I also used 72% dark chocolate, chopped up, instead of the chocolate chips. Worked great!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Making these on Thursday for a treat for my friends while we watch Grey's Anatomy. They sound delicious.
  • sarahliftsUP
    Options
    Making these on Thursday for a treat for my friends while we watch Grey's Anatomy. They sound delicious.
  • jenni185
    Options
    Yummy!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later...sounds super yummy!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    I made these today and the didn't seem to set or cook properly... They turned out quite sponge-y and do not have a cookie-type consistency? Any idea where I went wrong? I followed the recipe to a T!
  • JensLogin
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing.
  • sarahliftsUP
    Options
    I made these today and the didn't seem to set or cook properly... They turned out quite sponge-y and do not have a cookie-type consistency? Any idea where I went wrong? I followed the recipe to a T!

Could have been your oven? Was the rack placed in the middle? Was your oven preheated to the correct temperature?
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options

It's the applesauce. It adds moisture and will make baked goods a little sponge-y. I don't mind it, but it's personal preference.
  • meagalayne
    Options

It's the applesauce. It adds moisture and will make baked goods a little sponge-y. I don't mind it, but it's personal preference.

true - I've had this happen a bit before, but this seems more sponge-y than usual... i'm accustomed to baking with applesauce but I guess I just don't make cookies very often! hehe probably a good thing.

definitely had my oven set and preheated correctly, and I even baked them an extra 5 mins to make sure they were cooked through. who knows!
  • mamamalaika
    mamamalaika Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy!
    I can't find apple sauce where I live, how could I replace it?
    Thank you!
  • JPotvin
    JPotvin Posts: 108
    Options
    sounds yummy!
    I can't find apple sauce where I live, how could I replace it?
    Thank you!

Take an apple, slice it,boil it for 2 minutes, drain, and puree (food processor or blender). I made a batch of organic cookies with no chocolate chips for my nephew and my sons doing this. Nice and soft for the little ones. They turned out a little more moist...and they are already pretty moist...so maybe using a little less "applesauce" or adding a little extra flour would help. Growing up our family always used vanilla yogurt for baking instead of applesauce. Maybe try that.
  • lifeisgoodBev
    Options
    THANKS FOR SHARING! LOOKS TASTY. :) Nice combo of ingredients. I saved the recipe to definately to make later when I have the pumpkin. Have a great day!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump! making these tonight!
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    Made these over the weekend and they're FANTASTIC!!

More cake-like than your typical cookie. Very, very moist! Could probably almost make them as mini-muffins and still have a nice little treat!

I also doubled the recipe, so I used 1/2 dark choc. chips and 1/2 butterscotch!! Yummy-licious!!! Even my boyfriends picky 10 y/o loved them!