Birth control with little to no weight gain

Options
2»

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Well, there is always abstinence, but then you can't count the cardio and that might cause weight gain. Isn't as much fun, either! :happy:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Ortho Evra patch and haven't noticed any weight gain or loss of energy due to hormones. I hope you don't smoke if you plan on going on the patch, cuz it will increase your chances of blood clot as well as using it and being over 35 years of age.
  • Cath138
    Cath138 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I take Diane 35. No weight gain, but no difference with my acne either (it is te whole purpose of this pill)
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Paraguard non-hormonal IUD! Love it! I'd stay away from Mirena unless you're done with kids. They're currently facing class action lawsuits for causing secondary unexplained (except for having a history of Mirena usage) infertility. Seriously, an IUD works just fine WITHOUT hormones.

My last two children were conceived immediately after removal. No waiting for anything to "normalize" since you weren't screwing with your chemistry in the first place... your biological clock just keeps humming away in the background just as it's supposed to :)