Lexapro assisted in my weight gain

LuckyAng
LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone else have this problem? I cold turkeyed off of it just over a year ago, but I was on it for almost 4 years.

Replies

• bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    I was on it - but that was somewhere in 2003/2004 - i was on it for a year as well - during that year i went from a solid 200 all the way up to 240 .. i was on some other too- but i know i have gained a good portion of my weight with that stuff. Also went cold turkey on it- just one night decided to take control of my life and stop asking " others /and other things " to help me out- that night had a bad fight with DH- and it klicked in my head when he asked " did you take your meds today ?! " - as off - if i didn't than he knows " why i'm fighting with him " .. i was like.. so you don't take me seriously when i don't take the meds ? .. so i went from mad to crazy - and threw them in trash - here- you take them !

From that day i have never asked another doctor for any help - i'm taking care of myself! .

Trust me - it gets hard sometimes- some days are tough- but i believe in God, i try to pray, relax, read, - just belive that He will help me out- and He has a reason for everything- even though it might not be clear at that moment .

So - since than - Faith - is the only medication i take- and you don't gain from it - has no side effects :)

It's hard to take those lbs off - but it's not impossible.

Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.