Green Tea

Options
PTDawnReema
PTDawnReema Posts: 28 Member
Hi all, Started my healthy eating and weight loss in Feb this year and started at 16 stone by calorie counting and got down to 15 stone in the March so here I am now.. at 13 stone 9, which I am pleased with

I have been doing okay so far, tmi I know but sometimes I get constipated, light stomach pains etc. Wondered if I am eating to much fibre? or not doing something right?

I am drinking 8/9 glasses of water a day, and drinking 2 cups of coffee. Eating careful and keeping to 12 calories or a little less depending on how full I feel.

Do you think green tea is okay to help with going more regular? if so how much and when.

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Do you think green tea is okay to help with going more regular? if so how much and when.
    not really, no.

your diary is closed and we don't really have much more information about why you're not pooping... but green tea isn't necessarily going to make you go more.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I've found that black tea helps.
    No idea why.

Green tea never did much for me though.
  • PTDawnReema
    Options
    okay thanks
  • PTDawnReema
    Options
    not really, no.

your diary is closed and we don't really have much more information about why you're not pooping... but green tea isn't necessarily going to make you go more.

thanks just figured out how to make my diary public. still getting use to some functions on here
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea often. I don't believe it helps what you are having trouble with but I would probably suggest eating a fiber supplement.
  • DevinJean123
    DevinJean123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I drink all kinds of tea daily. Green tea really doesn't help with constipation but if you are looking for something that will, you can try smooth move teas- they have senna leaves in them so it is a gentle laxative. I have a box and use it only when I really really need to. I would also suggest a fiber supplement like Metamucil or something to keep you regular but the smooth moves will help you get the problem fixed first.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure green tea will make you more regular, but it is good to drink (white tea is even better), full of anti-oxidants.

Maybe you need to eat a bit more soluble fiber in your diet and a bit less insoluble.

If it is getting a problem maybe see your doctor.

Good luck.
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have IBS and I only found that out a few years ago because I had a particularly severe attack, ate superhealthily and made things worse. Doctor told me just to eat what I felt like eating, as intervening with the 'right' foods was having a detrimental effect on me. I'm only saying this because someone mentioned senna which works by stimulating the bowl, which makes the IBS worse in my case. If I wanted to 'move things along' it would be better for me to use a stool softener. I'd see a doc if regular eating is making no difference. Hope you feel better soon.
  • tcogley1
    tcogley1 Posts: 1
    Options
    eat kale
  • trogalicious
    Options
    eat kale
    this may be the strongest first post ever.
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    eat kale

:laugh:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    eat kale

:laugh:
    :heart:
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Part of your problem could be that you're not eating enough. Try to eat at least 1200 calories a day and add more fruits and vegetables. That should help.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You eat less you poop less.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Part of your problem could be that you're not eating enough. Try to eat at least 1200 calories a day and add more fruits and vegetables. That should help.

Yikes. Good catch.
  • PTDawnReema
    Options
    thanks for all the feedback about the green tea, I know I am meant to include more fruit but ugghh I am not a fruit fan in the least. I already take a heap of vitamins but will look into a fibre supplement. My BMR is around 1500, I have been reading repeatedly that to loose weight you need to eat 500 calories less than the your daily amount so hence the low amount of calories at the moment. To be honest it is not a struggle.

Any thoughts welcome.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    thanks for all the feedback about the green tea, I know I am meant to include more fruit but ugghh I am not a fruit fan in the least. I already take a heap of vitamins but will look into a fibre supplement. My BMR is around 1500, I have been reading repeatedly that to loose weight you need to eat 500 calories less than the your daily amount so hence the low amount of calories at the moment. To be honest it is not a struggle.

Any thoughts welcome.
    you misunderstand. your BMR is how much you body effectively needs... just to exist. If you were in the hospital, in a coma, they would give you somewhere close to 1500 calories in order to allow your organs to function.

the deficit comes into play when you move in further. If you set up MFP honestly, it ALREADY has a deficit accounted for.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    If your BMR is 1500 and you are lightly active, then you should be maintaining at around 2055. 500 calories less than that is 1555.

Or you could just let MFP figure out the numbers and eat back your exercise calories.
  • missSbizzle
    Options
    Bran Flakes every morning is all you need!!!!!