I just can't get started but I really want to

Options
124»

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    It's easy for skinny people to say, it's easy, just eat less. Honestly, I'm sick of seeing that. It's NOT easy. If it were easy do you think we'd be fat?!?! You can't eat what ever and lose weight. Not and do it in a healthy way. And when you have a LOT to lose, you can't just exercise it away. It takes time. You have to build up to being able to exercise.

As an obese person I can say the best and easiest exercise there is to WALK WALK WALK!! Anything you do is better then you were doing before.

I do agree with getting a food scale ($18 at WM) and logging your portions and your food. READ YOUR LABELS!!!! It's enlightening. The fresher your food, the better for you, IMO. Ditch the boxed foods if at all possible. I would rather eat homemade mac n cheese over boxed stuff just because I know what went into it. I can control all the extras.

For ME, I have chosen to eliminate fast food, fried foods and prepackaged foods as much as possible. Doesn't mean 100%, but I've cut WAAAAAAAAAAAY back. Well, I do eat a Healthy Choice packaged lunch M-F. And add water. I try to drink about 60oz a day. Some believe you don't need to drink that much, but it works for me, so I'm sticking with it. :) I feel better when I'm well hydrated. I had a diet coke on Friday and couldn't drink it.

You can do this, one day at a time!

I have to disagree with this, as someone that did weigh 285 pounds, losing weight is easy if you don't overly restrict and don't expect miracles to happen over night, and you can eat anything in moderation and be healthy. It does take time, but people make it much harder than it really needs to be.

Did it ever occur to you that some of the skinny people in this group were larger and put the time in so kind of know what they are talking about?

Can't speak for all but ... kind of a judgmental post.

yup. I was. I started at 337.